A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [PIMP] Game Development Contest - £2k prize

comedy code cobbler

[PIMP] Game Development Contest - £2k prize

Hi all

It's already been mentioned on Jayisgames and FreeGamesNews.com as well as by Squize on the Stimunation blog, but... I thought I'd give the Mousebreaker game development contest some bigging up here on FK too.

We're offering three cash prizes of £2000, £1000 and £500 - (click here to see that in $) - to the winning entries.

All entries should be received by the end of November (which gives you around 7 weeks) and the entries will be judged by the Mousebreaker team. The 3 winners will be announced on Mousebreaker.com one week later on 7th December 2006, and winners will also be informed by email, natch.

Full contest details are here - please read them. Any questions feel free to contact us via competition[at]mousebreaker.co.uk, or just PM me here.

Hope some of you will manage to find the time to enter!

Cheers
    Rich

That's really interesting, thanks.

i hope to, i hope to...

Hmm, (Must not have appeared on another website)
    What aboit WIPs or Small snippits showed in forums? .. Also disqualifyed?

comedy code cobbler
    Marmotte - it would be great if you could find the time to enter!

X-Tender - Showing parts of the game, or a WIP on somewhere like Flashkit certainly wouldn't disqualify an entry. We're just trying to avoid people submitting games that have already been licensed or sponsored elsewhere. We'd like all the games submitted to be new and original, that's the idea!

Cheers
    Rich

Cool =) im going 2 enter i was going 2 enter a halloween 1 but stuff that im entering this 1

umm i see it has to be high scored based do i need to link it up to mouse braker or my own web site because ill need php to make it high scored based wouldent i??

Level based... That means an rpg is ok? fast loading... on what connection I see there is a file size stipulation too... That prolly puts me out as everyone on flashkit know I love to work in full screen productions.

Man I got a great RPG I'm working on too, it's in my sig, called lost if you want to check it out, when it's done it's gonna be the bomb, maybie I can scale down the first level for this contest, but if the game has to be completely finished by the deadline, not just one level, there's no way, it would be way to big, and I plan to have this game last as long as zelda.

Sounds interesting though... but I'd have to get out of full screen production =(

it needs to be 600kbs or less as well so you wouldnt beable to put one of ur realy good but massive 15mb swf files in =P

Shish! as if a 16h day isn't enough, now you force me to do some hours more just to enter ...

trying, trying .... back to code ...

comedy code cobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by XareoX
    umm i see it has to be high scored based do i need to link it up to mouse braker or my own web site because ill need php to make it high scored based wouldent i??
    Xareox - we can provide the highscore assets to paste into your game (just a simple call to a PHP script) so don't worry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by nGFX
    Shish! as if a 16h day isn't enough, now you force me to do some hours more just to enter ...
    nGFX - Heh, hope you can find the time to enter. Remember, sleep is for the weak.

can you submit multiple games

comedy code cobbler
    Quote Originally Posted by XareoX
    can you submit multiple games
    Sure, you can submit more than one entry if that's what you mean.

cool thanks

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    Lets see if this time I have time to enter a game to the contest

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

I'd really love to give this a crack, but the only things I've got to hand are a reskin and a 90% done simple viral.

Bugger.

Anyway I thought I'd give this thread a bump, at present XareoX is looking to enter 20 games, and scheletro is mad keen for it.
    But what about everyone else ? C'mon guys read the conditions. You're not signing the game over for ever, it's just going to sit on mousebreaker ( Which isn't a bad site for any game to sit on ) for a while before you can pimp it back around again. You're not selling it or any of the other crap which normally goes with a comp., it's a genuie comp as they should be.

Think how much you'd get for getting a game sponsored, here you're looking at around $3700 ( http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=200...utf-8&oe=utf-8 I love google ) plus it's not exclusive to them ( Well, only for a month or two. If $3700 isn't worth letting a site host your game for a while then what is ? ).

K, rant over. Open Flash, code a beautiful game, laugh all the way to the bank.

Squize.

so how many of u guys are going for this? ( actually entering not just talking bout it )

whoever wins it lets hope its a fker.

If I wasn't in the middle of preparing for a big wedding, I'd give it some serious thought.

Under 600kb though, that's harsh.

I'm going to.

Seeing as it's no real secret, as I posted this image (with a now resolved problem) the other day, this is a screen shot from the basic engine.

Last edited by charlie_says; 10-17-2006 at 09:18 AM.

looking good charlie, front runner...

Sounds like a great comp - those kinda prizes should turn out a whole new batch of quality flash games. Hope I can come up with something original and fun by the deadline!

Btw charlie, aren't those graphics ( the tree and ground ) ripped from the BBC B game, Exile?