A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Image Loader

Image Loader

I have a webpage and i want to load about 100 images on to it with clickable buttons at the bottom i have tried to do but i can't just seem to do it

You want to have them in flash? It can be unbelivably easy made with PHP... only couple lines of code... that would automaticly detect files, so you wouldnt have to enter their names.

http://www.diversioncentral.com/iceland/pall.html

not sure of what you want but i made this with the koolmoves image and it was incredibly easy. It was just using the wizards and then slide show.
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

You can also have PHP get the list from a directory and pass that to flash and let flash make the movies with createEmptyMovieClip and load them in. Or use flash to just read a text or XML file that provides the information.

What is the flash 8 way of loading a jpg? I mean I can use dynamic text to load a file written from a txt file so that when I update, I change only the text file in notepad. How can this be done with jpg, gif's and not php?
    Any programming language is at its best before it is implemented and used.

var Today=new Date();
    var ThisDay=Today.getDate();
    loadVariables(Thisday+".txt?" + getTimer(), _root);
    mc1.loadMovie("Thisday+".jpg");

Above is a simple way to load a text file and a picture from a selection of 31 pre-named files based on the day of the month.(I use this to produce a different illustration and text for a project to give the illusion of updated content)

In the same way the variable could be a randomly generated number to select a file from a selection, or the text file loaded in line 3 could contain the name of the file to be selected in line 4.

By the way the + getTimer(), _root is to bypass the cache and force fresh loading of the text file.

Don't know if this helps

image loader needed

Quote Originally Posted by ant_Z View Post
    You want to have them in flash? It can be unbelivably easy made with PHP... only couple lines of code... that would automaticly detect files, so you wouldnt have to enter their names.
    I am trying to achieve this exact scenario. I cant find any tutorials on it. can you point me in the right direction please.

Actually you can do that in Flash if you have file naming scheme.

Something around

for(i = 0; i<100; i++){
    load("name"+i+".jpg");
    }

In php you need to scan the directory, like this, http://www.liamdelahunty.com/tips/ph..._directory.php but make the output in XML format and use XML classes in flash.

Load images dynamically

Quote Originally Posted by blanius View Post
    You can also have PHP get the list from a directory and pass that to flash and let flash make the movies with createEmptyMovieClip and load them in. Or use flash to just read a text or XML file that provides the information.
    Hi Blanius,

I have a php script that does what you're talking about. However, I don't know how to incorporate that with my koolmoves movie.

I want to be able to run that script, that will create an XML file and thenl I want to load the images into my movie. How does that work? I don't know where to put the code in AS that will execute the PHP and then load the images.

Perhaps you could look at http://koolexchange.com

Look in the "fun with backends" and look at the code example called
    "TwistedLister" or "snakeshow"