A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: having a camera follow an object perfectly

having a camera follow an object perfectly

I have a truck. I want a camra to sit on the truck bed looking back and the things passing. I animated the truck down the road but I am haveing trouble with keeping the camra in the exact same spot of the truck as its moveing. Am I going to have to do this frame by frame and have it a little jittery from not staying in the same place or is there a way I cant attatch the camra to the truck so they move together smothly? (animating the scene around it is not an option)

Note: I have googled all over for this an no help.
    This is our world now, the world of the electron and the switch. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias.

Create a Free Camera then drag it under whatever object you want to group it with using the Hierarchy Panel. It will follow an animated object automatically and then you can also animate the camera separately.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Wow that was so insanely simple I can't belive it stumped me for hours. Thanks!
    This is our world now, the world of the electron and the switch. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias.