A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with FlashObject/SWFObject on IE

Problem with FlashObject/SWFObject on IE

Hi guys

been using SWFObject for a while now (http://blog.deconcept.com/category/swfobject/)

it used to be completely problem free (or so i thought).. untill i checked one of my sites recently using IE

it seems that, all my flash content are ok, except for the ones that are passed thru the SWFObject script..

now im sure it's not just me coz the site of SWFObject's developer itself "exhibits" my problem..

here's a screenshot..

any ideas how to fix this?

tea

HI..I just checked the SAME link in your image (swfobject.html)

and in FF both rendering engines it shows fine... I also loaded up TRUE IE (6 I believe)..it also displayed correctly.

flash player problem? version? a reboot maybe?

yes i forgot to mention.. this works in most IE and all of the other browsers as far as i know.. but it seems that there are just some IE installations that this wont work with..

i've tried all the computers here in the office (30 computers).. and almost half of the computers have this problem.. FLASH seems to be installed just fine.. rebooting doesnt help.. ACTIVATING EVERYTHING in the internet options, including active x stuffs.. no restrictions.. still wont work..

i've had a friend of mine from another office confirm some of their PCs have this problem (using IE).. so it couldnt be just an isolated case.. there's something.. that prevents SWFObject from working properly.. in some.. odd, situation.. or something. hmm

i just tried uninstalling and reinstalling my flashplayer.. it worked once, refreshed the page, and boom.. back to where i started..

hmm..
    strange.. and all the flash players are the same huh?

the 'results' sound like a cache problem or something..but not sure why or how that could be the case..

and this does NOT happen with FF at all correct?..

and this does NOT happen with FF at all correct?..
    correcta-mundo ma friend.. FF and OPERA and netscape, etc etc... havent seen this problem in any other browsers, in different computers, except on IE.

weird huh?

even this link: (another js stuff)
    http://www.quirksmode.org/js/flash.html
    tells me my IE dont have a flash plugin, yet it does..