A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3d project in flash

3d project in flash

I have a client that wants to have a flash kiosk that displays a couple of kitchens, and bathrooms in realistic 3D.
    The countertops, floors and walls could all be changed out with a little tool pallet, so the customer can design his or her kitchen or bathroom. and move different angle points to view

HAs anybody done anything like this and can they point me in a direction of where to look.

Thanks

TM
    Dallas
    Peace be the journey and Beyond

What tools do you have access to? What's your budget? How proficient are you at ActionScript?

Also... I'm moving this to the more appropriate 3D Forum here at Flashkit instead.

I'm quite sure the 3D gurus that prowl that area can come up with some solutions.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Thanks for the response.
    dont really know the budget at this point. Initially we were thinking of just doing an image and switchiing out the floors, countertops, counters and walls with diffferent colors etc. They are a marble and granite company so they primarily want to display different marbles and granites. all of them are different colors and textures..

I am not a 3d guy and i do do some falsh but not a ActionScript Guru.. so i would need help with that too..

Thanks

TM

you mean icometric or 3d rendering?

Quote Originally Posted by XareoX
    you mean icometric or 3d rendering?
    You mean isometric...

You can load movieclips onClick that would show the different finishes on the items. The rest, you'd need to create in 3D - only if you wanting to animate the scene.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Sorry for taking so long to get back here.... I just met with customer this morning regarding the project.
    Basically we will have about 11 different scenes and layouts
    For both kitchens and baths

I am thinking 3D is the way to go on this. we will be switching out counter tops back splashes cabinets, floors, and backsplashes which will have different patterns. plus fixtures colors will change on each scene. I think the most of this is over my head but i know i can manage the project and design the way the interface will work.
    Any ideas would be great. I want a photo realistic scene that looks AWESOME. Plus you will be able to see different scenes within the room. closeups of the sink and all that...

Thanks for the replys

TM

the