A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scrolling vertical images

scrolling vertical images

Hi all

would someone beable to help me with my little problem?

I have a scrolling menu, that scrolls thumbnail images, which all load in as external jpg's within separate containers. I've created buttons on the scrolling menu so that when pressed the image selected appears to the left, and loads into a container called ' container'

This all works ok but the problem I have is fixing the larger image that loads in from the selected thumbnails.

What I mean is once the image has loaded to the left, when you scroll up or down the lager image also scrolls......which is what I don't want, I would like it to be fixed!

I've tried placing the container with a different time line but then the image does not show.

attached is the example I'm talking about

any help would be grateful!
    cheers
    Attached Files Attached Files

.:@addicted to scriptErrors@:.
    Well, for what I could see, the problem is that the big image is being called also into the movie that is scrolled. So, Just add some movieclip to the _root, or somithing like that, and load the jpeg file to that one. Like the example I have changed... - the fla works with your ancient files...
    Attached Files Attached Files

hi there

sorry for the late reply, had power problems in the office and been without electricty for a few hours

thanks for your help and the example files, that seems to work great! thank you

are these files ancient, what do you mean?, I found this on flashkit, is there a better way to do what I'm doing???

cheers

.:@addicted to scriptErrors@:.
    Sorry about the "ancient" thing... English is not my native language so, sometimes I can´t find the better word for what I wanna say... The "ancient files" are the files you posted, before I changed the code... Regards

no problems, thanks for your help!