A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Program comparable to Swish for Mac?

Program comparable to Swish for Mac?

Since there is no Mac version, nor any plans to support Mac, is there a program comparable to Swish for the Mac? I downloaded a test on my PC (which I despise using), and it seems as though I can work around not having Flash on my PC, but what a pain!

Is it that similar? I thought Swift3d was more for creating 3d renderings. I have Swift3d, and just used it for that. Seems like Swish has lots more features, but maybe I just haven't played around enough with it.

Oh, 3d is how I see swish. I believe that any program will work really.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Years ago I was a diehard Mac user (I used to be called "CJMac" here).....I used nothing but for Flash/Director. Then someone I knew wanted me to make a Swish site for them and I simply had to resolve myself to the fact if I wanted to use it, I would have to bring on a PC. Now, years later, I do everything on the PC. I do however always remember my Mac friends and use my Macintosh computers to test my exports (so it's still useful) for function in Mac browsers.

Like Swak mentions there are plenty of third party tools that pump out flash exports but to me there are only two platforms that author (and act) like Flash itself.....Swishmax and Koolmoves. Both are PC based.

It may be you will simply have to resolve yourself to switching to a pc to author on so you can pick and choose authoring systems (I use all I mention depending on what I need done) while still supporting your Macintosh users (who never see your source...only the swf export).