A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Physic for a bike

[F8] Physic for a bike

Hi all.
    Can someone point me to a physics tutorial for a bike. I don't really want to use an engine or other people classes. I just want to familiarise myself with stuff like this.
    Thanks in advance
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

Post you game for free at Gamestack.org. We send the user straight to your website, no iFrames or other leeching methods.

Please check out Gamestack.org for more information.

Student
    maybe circle collisions on vectors or shapes,- there are alot tuts about those at least the circle collisions.

but that doesnt need an entire tut, circle on vector collision is relatively simple

look up springs.
    then combine the two.

is there a way to make a bike game vector based ?? because most of them are made with api i think.

I know there is ones were you can walk up hills and that but when you walk up you stay were you are i need it so you slip down.

Student
    @ Xareox:
    by vectors it means that the math behind it (AS) involves vectors- the display or what you see can be something completely different like super-sprites, classic sprites, vectors drawn in Flash itself or the drawing API like you mentioned.
    By doing so it gives you more control on the parts like friction, grip ramps or anything else but you need to know what you are doing

well is there any tutorials how to make ground using api??

Student
    like I said the physics have nothing to do with the drawing-API (dont mix it with the other ones like the bitmap-api)- the drawing api is like turtleGraphics.
    So to draw a ground with that you need a array with the vector coordinates and a loop that draws the surface either as shape or line

yea i know physics have nothing to do with it but its just good to know how to draw in api thanks.