A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Bluetooth Mac Keyboard HELP

Str8 Gangster

Bluetooth Mac Keyboard HELP

I recently traded in my out of date Powerbook and got the new MacBook. Now my keyboard will be recognized by my Macbook but will not "PAIR" up. Also instead of a solid green light i have a two flash and then a pause. Anyone know what to do? I have tried what apple.com had to say as far and troubleshooting with no luck. So any help?

Bluetooth is very temperamental, can you say which steps you tried and what they did?

Have you updated the firmware?

Have you taken the batteries out of the keyboard for one minute and then tried again?

Str8 Gangster
    i fully charged the battery's and tested them in my remote to make sure i wasn't going nuts. they work so that isnt it. i just got the newest mac book with the newest software updates(updated this morning) and then tried downloading the most recent firmware for the keyboard when i was prompted that i have the newest firmware.

Just give me the MacBook.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by xixjfastxix
    i fully charged the battery's and tested them in my remote to make sure i wasn't going nuts. they work so that isnt it. i just got the newest mac book with the newest software updates(updated this morning) and then tried downloading the most recent firmware for the keyboard when i was prompted that i have the newest firmware.
    I'm sure the batteries are fine, the point is you have to remove them to clear the memory in the keyboard so that it doesn't think it's still paired to your PowerBook.

When your Apple Bluetooth mouse or keyboard is turned on, the indicator light flashes twice in succession, and then repeats, (blink-blink-pause, blink-blink-pause). This means the keyboard or mouse is discoverable by your computer, and you can pair with it. After three minutes, the indicator light turns off. The keyboard or mouse is still on, but it is no longer discoverable. To make it discoverable again, turn it off and then turn it back on.
    Link

Are you following these instructions to the letter? According to the first link, the two blinks and a pause means your keyboard is discoverable and available to pair... do what asheep says and remove the batteries for a while and see if it helps.