A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hive Hero

Hive Hero

Hi everyone!

We are allways waiting for your great-great feedback Here is our latest:
    http://www.gamesheep.com/game/hive-hero/

It is called Hive Hero and we hope you will enjoy defending your hive from the nasty wasps

Have fun and keep up!

Student
    hi mr game.sheep group,-
    i´d be nice if you would participate as well in the talk here- just showing off without reply is kinda strange dont you think?
    Or maybe you should add a tag that this is actually an advertisment and not a discussion
    //@ mods: sorry for beeing rude here,- but I really hope to get a better discussion here
    Last edited by renderhjs; 11-21-2006 at 03:11 PM.

Student
    as for the game:
    nice graphics (clean and nice to look at) but somehow the flash player freezes each time I move the mouse for a second or 2 (700 Mhz here),- is there a way to switch to lower anti- aliasing level?

Pumpkin Carving 2008 ImprisonedPride's Avatar
    It does it to me to render and I'm at 2.4Ghz here. I also agree with the whole joining in the conversation thing. Add a [AD] to the begining of your topic titles from now on.
    The 'Boose':
    ASUS Sabertooth P67 TUF
    Intel Core i7-2600K Quad-Core Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz Overclocked to 4.2GHz
    8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 DDR3
    ASUS ENGTX550 TI DC/DI/1GD5 GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 1GDDR5 (Overclocked to 1.1GHz)
    New addition: OCZ Vertex 240GB SATA III SSD
    WEI Score: 7.6

Nice graphics
    +
    simple unoriginal gameplay
    =
    still pretty entertaining unfortunately.

I would have used some friction on the keyboard-movement (in a physical way that's actually less friction).

11th in the highscores nice game however the wasps ruined it for me. They just spawned in the same place all the time and it got real old real quick
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

WASD movement does NOT work in Firefox.

PS: I need the name of your artist!!!

hello and tnx everyone for the replies I actually have another id on this forums with over 120 posts... is not much but that shows that I am not here only to take I am actually here way before even making my first game complete

Again, thankyou for your time to check the game.

Hi!

May be my problem is a single instance, but in Firefox browser keys A,S,W,D are not responding, while in IExplorer it works well.

[Edit] : Ray Beez was first ;-)
    Last edited by stormgulf; 11-21-2006 at 04:31 PM.

storm gulf if you read the page before the game there is a link where everything works fine for firefox. I had the same problem until I found it.
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

tidenburg
    Thanks. Didn't pay enough attention that link does not concern the popups only. Anyway, in this case the "Mozilla" specific link has to be a little bit more evident.

game.sheep
    For some weapons I would prefer to have shoots in series (oh, my poor mouse!)

nice game may be you could add bigger sized bees as well on higher levels. I didnt get to a realy high level so i couldnt see everything but good work so far.

Quote Originally Posted by XareoX
    nice game may be you could add bigger sized bees as well on higher levels. I didnt get to a realy high level so i couldnt see everything but good work so far.
    Just to let you know xareox, there are bigger sized bees on higher levels

Very nice game, even though it's not original.
    I thought that the graphics were probably the best part of this game.. Loved the cartoonish characters.
    The only downside to the game would be that I think that the upgradable weapons could be better (they were too similiar to each other). Apart from the grenade launcher gun (which was the only real different upgrade imo) the other upgrades looked different, they fired slightly differently and probably did a bit more damage, but were too similiar for me to notice any difference. It may have been that I didn't pay enough attention to the upgrades because i was too busy concentrating on the enemies, but then again, upgrades are supposed to be noticeable.
    Besides this it's a very cool game
    3.5/5
    Viza