A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: video controls won't show inside flash movie

Hybrid View

video controls won't show inside flash movie

Alright i've been searching this board and testing things out for the last couple days solid, but nothing seems to work.

The controls for my flv won't show up in my movie.

I'm loading an swf into my movie and the swf is referencing the flv file. I have the swf for the controls in the same folder, it works fine by itself...but when I load it into my flash file the controls just won't show up.

I am loading the swf in with the loadmovie script.

help.
    Hellasweet

have you tried posting the presentation on a web server? If you are using the component to play video, the controls don't show up when you publish locally, to see and use the controls locally, you must publish the projector file (.exe) and use that to preview it.

video to flash converter at geovid.com website
    can generate html file for the flash and also there is an option to include video controls buttons for flash.

yeah i've posted on my server...it's actually playing on my website right now, but the only way to stop the video is to click on another page, which will unload the movie level that it is playing on.

nuka:
    yeah i've got flash 8 an it has the video encoder that includes control sets and publishes html for you.

if you want to see it, go to:
    www.radioreset.com
    click multimedia
    click videos
    click the first video.
    Hellasweet

put the "controls" swf in the root directory where your main swf is

oh, you mean the root directory of the main swf, not the directory with my video?
    Hellasweet

ok weird thing...when I put the swf with the controls into my root directory where the main flash file is, then my video won't load at all.

so when i load the video into my swf from another directory with the controls in it, it will play. but no controls

when i put the controls into my root directory where the main flash file is, it won't play at all...

weirdness
    Hellasweet