A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: convert AVI, MPG, MOV -> swf

Smile Re: Big Thing??

Absolute quality mate!

Do I need to buy it then to get rid of the vid2flash from the swf?

You will need to buy it...

sorry if sound like stupid question .....

ok , sound like the program is good.... but when i direct import the swf.file into flash it totally close down my flash program ..... what is the problem ? sorry if sound like stupid question .....

The trial version has two limitations:
    1. There is a green watermark on the top-left corner of the movie.
    2. You will not be able to import the output SWF into flash studio.

If you want to get rid of those limitations buy the program

Xn
    Mail: vid2swf@yahoo.com
    Site: http://www.geocities.com/vid2swf
    Discuss: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vid2swf

Integrating in 3dmax

Maybe its an idea to build it into 3dmax or PCTV from miro, not as the 1001's program that converts the one to the other...
    And maybe its an idea to intergrate it into windows the better, that when you right-click on an avi, mov etc. you get a convert to swf option...

Regards,

Do 3dsmax have an export to AVI option? I don't know them too well...
    Do they have a plugins architecture?

Xn

"way too many questions"

free for 24 hours

hmm everybody seemed to helped a lot..
    maybe post a free link for Flashkit users

or mail it to frot@multiweb.nl

Do you want a copy?

Xn

Have you considered compiling under CodeWarrior instead of VC? If you could get it working, it wouldn't be hard to get a Mac version also, since CodeWarrior can cross-compile...just a thought.

--Jesse

"way too many questions"
    yes i want a copy!

mail me t frot@multiweb.nl ( not the mail adres that's on flash kit...iam not at home for few months)

thanx!!!!!!

It's on it's way.

Xn

flashkit user

i've read the first post alllll the way up to this post... this programs seems REALLY interesting and I'd like to try it out.... please send me a copy so I can review buying it, etc etc... thanks.

regards,

mike

mike@augustkinetics.com

There is a demo from the site. Download it to test (if you can't afford it, chances are you don't need it either).

--Jesse

Video in Flash

Hi we specialize in compressing video to sequences for delivery over a flash timeline.

We can compress to file sizes and quality compareable to the DV codecs. The only problem is that flash video is very ram hungry.

Are there any developers out there interested to optimize the flash player. Maybe create a branch just for video playback.

you can view samples of our video at
    http://www.mantaproductions.com
    the quality and file size are where they need to be if we can overcome this last obstacle the DV codecs will be how shall I put it ....looking for work.

We are interested in working with developers to Make Flash Video the internet standard. Please contact us if interested

Jp
    mantaproductions

I have found the same problem.
    I can normally convert a Movie (avi, wmf,asf...) useing very little, or normally less than 25 MB of RAM, using SWF convert. But when you begin to play the movie in flash the RAM useage sky rockets.

My guess is the current player , caches all the images as full DIB sections in RAM.

But in reality the flash player was never designed to handle large amounts of images, as it is a vector format, not bitmap based.

Vector Format

Yes its true Flash didnt start out to be this but with a little modification flash could beat the DV codecs at their own game.

As far as I am concerned what makes Flash so powerful is its interactive and scripting capability. File size of sequences used to be an obstacle but take that away and you have what all the DV codecs are trying to obtain. Dont take my word for it just go to their web sites.Their all talking about interactive ability. About Breaking the constraining bounding box, things which are natural to Flash and which wouldnt take so much work to make happen.

I envision a two part plugin. One part as it stands now and another optimized for playing back bitmaps. This opens a whole new world for the Flash Designer. Streaming media E-commerce, video interactive training programs etc etc.

Maybe Macromedia sees that as computer power increases with leaps and bounds that improving performance on older computers is pointless. Not knowing enough about these type of things I cant say but if I can find somebody with the ability to optimize the player and plug-in I will definately be knocking on Macromedias door in Person.

jp

Vector Format

Yes its true Flash didnt start out to be this but with a little modification flash could beat the DV codecs at their own game.

As far as I am concerned what makes Flash so powerful is its interactive and scripting capability. File size of sequences used to be an obstacle but take that away and you have what all the DV codecs are trying to obtain. Dont take my word for it just go to their web sites.Their all talking about interactive ability. About Breaking the constraining bounding box, things which are natural to Flash and which wouldnt take so much work to make happen.

I envision a two part plugin. One part as it stands now and another optimized for playing back bitmaps. This opens a whole new world for the Flash Designer. Streaming media E-commerce, video interactive training programs etc etc.

Maybe Macromedia sees that as computer power increases with leaps and bounds that improving performance on older computers is pointless. Not knowing enough about these type of things I cant say but if I can find somebody with the ability to optimize the player and plug-in I will definately be knocking on Macromedias door in Person.

jp

Hey did you still the idea from adobe or did they still it from you, because adobe after effects5 will output to swf format.

I was the first to deliver a solution back on November 2000. But it was clear that the big companies are going to ride the wave quickly enough.
    Us, private people can only compete with the big guys in "time to market".

Good luck to Adobe, I love their products.
    And good luck to anyone who tries to write a flash player that shows video with no memory problems.

Xn

Try using the FreeCharacter tag after displaying your info so that flash can deallocate it.

--Jesse