A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Transparent listbox?

Transparent listbox?

Hello there, Flash gurus!

I was wondering if it is possible at all to have a Flash listbox with a transparent background, or with some sort of texture for the background. I assume that Flash component isn't really designed for that, or?

Artimidor

Quote Originally Posted by Artimidor
    Hello there, Flash gurus!

I was wondering if it is possible at all to have a Flash listbox with a transparent background, or with some sort of texture for the background. I assume that Flash component isn't really designed for that, or?

Artimidor
    Not really if you call the component. However, after you create a component notice it appears in your library. There you can change basically everything including the fone, transparency, even the code! . However most users think it is too complicated. Also, it might cause some problems and mistakes in your file. So I advice you to code everything from scratch. It is not so hard if you know ActionScript well enough.

Mr.Qwerty

Well...

Actually I cannot find a way to manipulate a component, e.g. change the font. If I doubleclick on a component in the Library, all I get is a message "Create an instance of this SWF symbol and edit the symbol's properties by using "Parameters" or "Component's Parameters". And there's no font, background etc. to adjust.

Hmmmmm...

Artimidor

P.S. I'm not that much of an ActionScript Pro, so the second option seems even less likely for me to opt for.