A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] External SWF's not showing up

[F8] External SWF's not showing up

Hi!

I need help with this...
    I was building a site, and it was working smoothly, but now it isn't.
    I don't know what is keeping the external SWF's from showing up.
    They work locally, but no luck online.
    Here are the files:
    http://webmail.ajato.com.br/baterax/vdrive/vdrive
    The site is at:
    http://paginas.terra.com.br/arte/ar/
    Up the Irons!!

Anyone?
    Up the Irons!!

Try this one... I just added third frame with PLAY action to your Preloader scene. In the first frame you had this:

Code:
    bytes_loaded = Math.round(this.getBytesLoaded());
    bytes_total = Math.round(this.getBytesTotal());
    getPercent = bytes_loaded/bytes_total;
    _root.mc_bar._width = getPercent*500;
    percentage = Math.round(getPercent*100)+"%";
    if (bytes_loaded == bytes_total) {
    	gotoAndStop("main",1);
    }
    Instead the line marked in red, I changed it to

Code:
    gotoAndPlay(3);
    Give it a try and let me know if it works... I had no time to upload it to my server and try it online but it should work... rather than recalling the name of the next scene. Scenes in Flash sometimes act very strange, so we all are trying to avoid using scenes if possible.

Take care !

P.S. I don't have those fonts you used inside your FLA file, so you may want to check if nothing is changed after I imported and exported this FLA.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

:: SASHA-Z-CREATIONS :: web site

OK, so you put it all in one scene?
    I was trying to avoid that purely because of organization. But I'll see if what you did works. Thanks!
    Up the Irons!!

Nope... I haven't changed anything regarding those scenes. Like I already mentioned, I added just one frame to the first scene called Preloader, so you can jump to it from within that line I quoted up there, rather than jumping to the next scene what was the case in your FLA file.

Second Scene is still there, but preloader is not pointing to the next scene when preloading is complete. It jumps to the frame number three inside the first scene (Preloader) and of course, automatically jumps to the next scene. It's something like indirect linking to the next scene through the frame number 3.

Spot that I just used jump-to-the-frame-number-3 action instead of using gotoAndStop("main",1);

Recalling scenes directly like you did sometimes won't work for whatever the reason...

The best thing would be just to publish that movie and try it online... if this doesn't help, then there must be something else inside your code, maybe something hidden...
    Last edited by Thankful; 12-10-2006 at 01:28 PM.
    :: ONLINE PORTFOLIO :: web site (Flash version 7 required, recommended screen resolution: at least 1024x768 pixels)

MMmm I see!
    Thank you, I'll try it today.
    Up the Irons!!

Mmmm still not working...
    Up the Irons!!

Also, your FLA doesn't work...it works if I take out the keyframe in frame 3, with the "play" action. Why do you need it?
    Up the Irons!!

I'm desperate here guys, please!
    I tried everything suggested and it's still not working!
    It appears that all my buttons with LoadMovie commands are screwed up...
    Up the Irons!!

Also, your FLA doesn't work...it works if I take out the keyframe in frame 3, with the "play" action. Why do you need it?
    I mentioned in both posts up there... it just fools Flash avoiding direct linking to the next scene. It does exactly the same job except it's linked through the third frame and not directly to the next scene. I already told you that Flash sometimes has some problems with scenes...
    Last edited by Thankful; 12-11-2006 at 11:00 PM.

And BTW, I just tried it on my server and it works. I had to remove that preloader because there is possibly something wrong with it. I tried it with any other preloader and it worked right away.

::: TEST LINK :::

BTW, why do you even need a preloader ? Your Home.swf is just around 29 kb and it's loading other SWFs externaly. It loads in a split of a second without any preloader becayse there is practically no heavy data inside.

The preloader is there for those dudes still on 56k...but I think I'll take it out.
    Mmm do you think maybe the server I'm using is the problem?
    But I used it before and it was working...mmm
    Up the Irons!!

I know, I was on dial-up while I still was in Europe before I moved to Canada... I know how slow dial-up can be. But still... it's 29 kb only, preloader won't even have enough time to kick in, even on slow dial-up. It actually just slows down downloading of that small SWF file... because this way preloader also has to load along with the rest of the stuff inside the Flash file.

Anyway, I don't believe it has anything to do with your server. Why ? Because at one point I remember your files wouldn't even work when started locally here on my computer. Second file wouldn't load into the first one for whatever the reason.

If you ask me, I would simply remove it because in this case you really don't need it, trust me.

Cheers!

I removed both preloaders and it's still not working...
    I tried it with LoadMovie, LoadMovieNum, and nothing...heeelp, I'm losing my hair here!
    Up the Irons!!

I really have no other ideas... as you can see from the example I posted up there (TEST LINK), it works perfectly. I just removed your preloader and it works. I can't tell you why it doesn't work on your side... I wish I can. Maybe someone else has some ideas ?

Cheers !

Could it have anything to do with the fact that I'm on a Mac? Makes no sense, but I'm desperate...I'll try removing the preloaders again. Also, did you take out both preloaders?
    Up the Irons!!

I just removed both preloaders and still not working...you sure you didn't do anything else?
    Up the Irons!!

Help?
    Up the Irons!!

I did some modifications to the site, so I posted the new files...without the preloaders.
    Up the Irons!!

Help?
    Up the Irons!!