A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: when burning cd always cd crash

when burning cd always cd crash

Hi there,

Lattely I m having problems burning a cd. When burning with Toast 7 I always get following: medium error sense code...

I also installed the little program burn and always get the result couldn't empty buffer.

Someone pleace help me out because I already lost a lot off cd's trying to burn things.

Big thx in adance.

Grtz,

What happens if you try and burn a CD using Finder, the normal way?

I never tryed using finder to burn cd's. I did a check on how to burn with the finder but when I insert an blank cd automatically It opens up Toast to burn a cd. I never had probs with Toast in the past. Maybe it had to do with the last update I did to 10.3.9 but I'm not shure the probs then started. Hope there is a simple solution to this. Pleace someone help me out on this. Grtz

Tried different media?
    Could the problem have started since you started using a certain brand of CD?
    Sam

I allready tryed with 3 different brands for blank cd's. With every brand the same prob.Solution, posibilities?

The only time I've ever seen that is with bad media (which it sounds like you've eliminated) and failed drives. Don't know why it happens but after a while CD drives just give up and stop working. How old is your drive? If you've got a tower it should be rather easy to put a new one in.
    Mapwing: Build and Share Virtual Tours

On some Apple installer disks (the cd's that came with your computer) is something called Apple Hardware Test.
    If you check on your install cd, it will say if apple hardware test is on it and the shortcut key you need to hold down to run it.

Try that if you can, or if not try and get hold of a copy of Techtool and see if that can detect any hardware problems.
    You might need to get your drive replaced if it's faulty.
    Sam