A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I have NO controls???

I have NO controls???

I have created the FLV in the Flash8 video encoder and if i publish the local file i can see the SKIN controller, but when i load into an empty MC the video plays but the desired SKIN controls are missing?

is it something to do with the path???

rat

You have to include the control .swf file, it is a separate file.

Wow, Thanks for the answer, that helped tremendously

I see no point in posting a new thread, so I'll post on this one, I also can't see controls on my web-server. I have the file with the controls uploaded and published a swf..
    The problem is with embedding flash videos. Through flash when you import video and follow the wizard you get the option to add a controls skin, which I did.

I uploaded my .flv's and .swf's to my server and when viewed I can't see the movie controls.
    Do I need to change something in here to reference the SteelExternalNoVol.swf(this is the controls skin)? Here's the code for an embeded object:

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase=" http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="636" height="400" id="" align="middle"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /><param name="movie" value="images/music_videos/full_view/mv_noir_evanescence_bringlife.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#00414d" /><embed src="images/music_videos/full_view/mv_noir_evanescence_bringlife.swf" quality="high" bgcolor="#00414d" width="636" height="400" name="" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></object>

The actual link if you need it is:
    http://the14thgod.com/full_view.php?...c_videos&id=19
    (it doesn't matter which video, it happens on each of them).

Or is there something else I need to change in some other spot?

Thanks for any help.

Justin

PS I also fixed the id="" and name="" but still the same result.

i am having the EXACT same problem, can anyone help me fix this?

i have all the files uploaded to my webserver, if i view the file locally on my HDD the controls show up fine, but not when its on the web!
    help me out, this is driving me nuts!

Designer
    I have the same problem. I uploaded all the files, and it still doesn't show the damn controls.

Designer

yay

Ok I have figured this out. I had to set the url of the skin from the htmls point of view. So for example,

I have interviews.html in the folder site/race-live.

I have the fla file in site/docroot/media/2007/pre-race-videos/smallvideoplayer.fla.

I set the skin url in the FLV playback component parameters to ../docroot/media/2007/pre-race-videos/smallAEGExternalAll.swf

When I publish this, it throws an error, as the swf will not be found, so you have to make sure to place the swf skin into the same folder as the videoplayer swf. Don't worry about the error as the videoplayer swf will load the skin anyway later.

Then in the interview.html, I set the url of the swf to ../docroot/media/2007/pre-race-videos/smallvideoplayer.swf and it works!