A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This Flash Website will Win AWARDS (So cool)

It's nice that Superego took all of the lessons that comes with Flash 4, and it's exciting to put your fisrt piece of work up on the web, BUT DON'T GO BRAGGIN' ABOUT AWARDS!
    Half of the buttons (more than half) do not have "hit" frames, so unless one rolls over an actual letter, the button doesn't work.
    You have one week to get that .swf file up to code. I'll check back then.
    Why do I care? I just do.
    Uh, Greg... Your rant about typos is hard to take serious when you spell content wrong.

i dont know what to say about this???

it's a start, maybe you should put it in the site check forum first.

Post I haven't looked at the site yet but...

...the mistakes you guys said he made sound like the ones I made on my original all text site. I must have had 15 fonts, 20 different colors, barely any content, and all on one page. Even worse, I grew up in a family of artists

But, I learned. I'm not saying that I don't have more to go, but I am improving. I might have stopped at that all text site and never gotten into Dreamweaver and Flash, though if I hadn't had encouragment.

I know I have strayed off my point, so here it is:
    You guys need to quit trashing the guy, and actually describe WHAT he did wrong, not just calling his site,"A piece of crap," or saying,"This site sux'." I'm not trying to start anything, I just think it would be nice if someone gave him some tips.

P.S. I agree that he was pretty arrogant in saying that his site would win awards, but maybe he was having some sort of rush or exhileration from finally finishing, and didn't think.

hey RWORLD i just took a look at your home page and it's nice, you've obviouly come a long way

one thing though, all the links around the circle need hit states...

aversion

two words.

site check.

YOU SUCK!!

Your site was a joke. It de-means the use of FLASH. You should be ashamed of yourself, your site will most certainly NOT win you awards. You may get thousounds of hits, but here the thing, on Wednesday 16/8/2000, there were 2309 people who viewed your site. 49 of those people actually wanted to KILL you for what you created, and it's all in writing, a full 3 pages of how crap your site was.
    BTW, wasn't your site posted up B4, and everyone hated it then too!!! No offence, but be more creative. Imagine something....DIFFERENT!!

[Edited by chewman2k on 08-16-2000 at 12:48 AM]

no offense!! i'd like to see what you edited out there

seriously though, this should NOT be in cool sites....

Smile was that 4 me?

hey aversion, what that last message 4 me? If so, what were you trying to imply, i seriously have no idea?

Erm how?

OK i have never seen a site which uses flash, and still has that much scrolling to do... IN TO WHITE SPACE>>>>>>
    Ok, yeha u will go somewhere with your flash once you work out buttons, design, colours, fonts, alingment, sounds ect i could go on.
    But you aint gonna get any awards for that other than loser.
    I dont like being nasty, but in your about it does say you are arrogant, i think if u had said, what do you think of my first flash, people would have been nicer and given you ideas. But you praised yourself tooooo much.,

Check out these little treats that may help, one of which is mine.
    http://www.c-o-n-t-a-c-t.co.uk
    http://www.xdude.com

there.

bye
    dave

Enough is enough

I can see that we all agree this site will not win awards but there is no need to call it 'crap', 'garbage', etc. What should be done is to give ideas, suggestions, help, etc. I understand it should be placed into Site Check but all this negativity is uncalled for. Superego you need to understand that this site is not 'really rad' and will win awards. Take these criticisms to heart and try harder before saying this site wins awards.

ive noticed superego hasnt replied back lately
    , i wonder why,lol
    no wait, he did reply, and he still thinks its cool, lol!
    hahahahahahahahahahahaaha
    [Edited by ill_logic on 08-16-2000 at 12:36 PM]

I am very new to flash. I was not impressed at all. Even for being new I think you should be able to do better that that if you are going to publicize it.

"Fussing and flapping in priestly black like a murder of crows."

I don't see any problem, he certainly can win awards, I know about twenty sites where you can enter your url and then get an award. Sometimes it's tested !!
    Or he could found his own award the superegowebaward or maybe this isn't the real site and the real site will come in some years then this site (this url) will win an award.

I sure wish any thread that i put up got this many responses, oh well.
    ................. http://www.optical-communications.com .................................................. .................................................
    ......................................::: creating expericences::.................................... .......................