A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swf to fla sdk

swf to fla sdk

Does anyone know swf to fla sdk?

LOL I think we can guess..... Oh wait I know he lost the source for a project he was working on......

Agent
    Lol
    I'm using Flash 8 on a Mac

lol, why do people get so uptight when people ask this questions? If your learning flash, it can be a good tool to learn the basics.

I know the author would of worked long and hard on the file, but they should feel admired if someone is so impressed with their work they want to see how it was done. Plus if they were not so lazy, they could easily work out how to do it with the million open sourse fla files whizzing around the place.

I poke around in other peoples Actionscript all the time, What I don't do is try to recreate the FLA with Assest just so I can change one or two things and recompile.

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b18269
    lol, why do people get so uptight when people ask this questions? If your learning flash, it can be a good tool to learn the basics.

I know the author would of worked long and hard on the file, but they should feel admired if someone is so impressed with their work they want to see how it was done. Plus if they were not so lazy, they could easily work out how to do it with the million open sourse fla files whizzing around the place.

Seeing as the "author" could choose to distribute the source to the file in question if he/she "wished" to, why would he/she be any more flattered at the theft of their code than they would be any other form of theft? Only people who justify the action with other peoples movies think this is a valid excuse and clearly shows the reason why on the whole, unless the person owns the movie they are cracking into (which even the developers of these tools hide behind as an excuse for their products needing to exist), it's looked down upon by professionals. If your theory of flattery held water, there would not be such a huge obfuscation market trying to stay one step ahead of the decompiler. All due respect

Ever wondered why the major developer/distributer of these tools is a filtered word here? Because we find them and others like them....on the whole.....foul. We promote creativity and positive uses of Flash along with platform pride here at this Flash related forum, none of which is espoused by a decompiler or their tools of their trade. All they promote is laziness and a form of theft. Again...all due respect

Nice essay chris . . . all due to respect

up to my .as in code Chris_Seahorn's Avatar
    Really?....(feints surprise, cues teary eyes, whips out speech)

I'd like to thank the Academy, my producer, my director and my agent for getting me this gig. I'd like to give major props to Jesus (gestures much love to the lord) and most importantly I'd like to thank all the decompilers who's heads I crushed on my way to the top. Without you all, this just wouldn't be possible! (dries tears of joy, pockets speech, grabs award and moves on to the next thread)

Totally agree with Chris, that said, i've had to decompile my old swf's a few times and man woulld i have been choked to have to recreate stuff.. god bless a good decompiler

ps oops didn't notice how old this was lol
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection