A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Converting from SWF to 3GP

Hybrid View

Converting from SWF to 3GP

I need to convert from my SWF to a 3gp format. Thing is, all the trial software and things I have found on the web don't seem to function correctly.

Like most animations, mine contain nested movie clips...........and wouldn't you know it, nested mc's won't play in the 3gp format !!

Any suggestions ?

Anyone succesfully converted from SWF directly to 3gp and it works on nested mc's ? - I'd happily pay for the software if it works.

Any help will be most gratefully received.

Keep well

I think the first problem you have is just converting SWF to video of any format. You might ask in the video forum for suggestions on converting SWF with nested mcs into video. Perhaps you will need to capture the video output from the computer instead of a direct conversion.

Once you have the video then you can convert to 3gp.

I agree

it could probably be done that way - but it's the whole getting the video to play nested Mc's too.

I do really want though a direct conversion software piece.

Anyhow, thanks for your response.........anyone else know of a direct converter ?

Please - anyone ?

if u want to capture an animated movie made in flash, the only way i can think of doing it is by using hypercam. The output is an Avi file u then need a 3gp converter.

http://www.hyperionics.com/

You can do it, ask this guy called scott, a good mate of mine. He will let ya know how.

http://www.elev3n.co.uk/

example:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=rTIZ8LTjNNs

I use AnvSoft Flash to 3GP Converter to convert swf to 3gp. It works without any problem to me. You may try it out.

possibly it can be done with the help of this tool, but you need to install quick time alternative codec or a special codec for 3gp files. try to do in this way, maybe you'll have luck.

Banned For a Long Time
    You can use this, flash to video converter , convert flash to 3gpavi,mp4, etc
    only flash , flv will not work

Yeah that one is good ^^
    Last edited by cartoonboy; 04-25-2007 at 11:41 PM.
    w8ting to git mi wings

Just came in here to post the same question.

Quote Originally Posted by bryantsinger
    You can use this, flash to video converter , convert flash to 3gpavi,mp4, etc
    only flash , flv will not work
    That program is amazing, I have tried about 6 different programs, this is the first to work with flash 8 and it works perfectly, thought I would never find such a program. Shame its a tad over priced, but you get what you pay for.

Unless anyone can recommend a cheaper/free program am gonna have to buy this.

Between Flash & Flashkit timothye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by koit
    I need to convert from my SWF to a 3gp format. Thing is, all the trial software and things I have found on the web don't seem to function correctly.

Like most animations, mine contain nested movie clips...........and wouldn't you know it, nested mc's won't play in the 3gp format !!

Any suggestions ?

Anyone succesfully converted from SWF directly to 3gp and it works on nested mc's ? - I'd happily pay for the software if it works.

Any help will be most gratefully received.

Keep well
    HI m8 ,
    i havent tried your nested mc problem .. but here is hhow i decided to go about making flash content for mobile devices in 3gpp format ..

1. Open flash create a flash file (mobile) device central will open . now select a handset you want to target for your project . flash will open with a blank stage .

2.create your content and save the file . make sure your publishing setting in flash are set correctly .now publish your content .

3.start quick Time-> 7.1.5 ) and goto File>open file and navigate to your .swf from the project you have made .once its opened up in quick time and you have viewed your content and would like to save it in .3gpp format

4.goto file>export. Now you will be faced with a new window.
    file name: myProject
    save as type: leave default (*all files )
    Export: Movie to 3G
    Use: 3GPP - Mobile MP4

now click the Save button and you will now have a proper 3gpp file for your handset .

I hope this helps somone :S

Cheers Timothye
    I want to learn .
    wannabe flasher [ Actionscript 2.0 ]

You can try SWF to Video Converter from SourceTec , to convert your flash to video avi mpeg, 3gp, psp and as well as gif animation.
    The most powerful tool I've used.
    Hope it helpful.
    Last edited by MarieSWT; 05-24-2007 at 02:10 AM.
    Cheers,
    Marie from Paris

Tomorrow is Another Day~~~~

It looks like Sony Vegas 6 is a good way to go as for £50 it can do the whole swf conversion thing itself and accepts pretty much any video/audio format you throw at it plus it has all the cool movie making stuff and has received very positive reviews everywhere. Very cool application. Sony doing good software, who'd have funk it?

Download the trial version to see if it takes your fancy.

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/...ct.asp?PID=977
    Last edited by Snave Trebor; 06-02-2007 at 07:59 AM.