A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: dynamic site...

dynamic site...

hi,
    I'm planning on building a site for selling some products...
    It should be totaly dynamic... what I mean by saying "totaly dynamic" I mean, reading categories & products from external xml file...

I've started building the site and got to a point where it's too complicated for me... :-(

I've loaded the xml, I've built classes for the buttons and for the buttons containers, I've added animation for the containers to fade in and out... I've also added fade-in and out for the buttons...

everthing is working well... it's just that it seems to me that it should all be done by now, by someone else...

I need something that will load categories from external xml, and will build a nice looking container for the categories buttons, and for each click on the categories button, I'll have an event that I'll show another container with the fitting products...

where can I find something like that...

I've been looking for some store templete... I found many nice-looking templetes, but they're all static.... I need something dynamic...

help!?

are you looking for software to do this for you? or are you looking on help to write your own?.. if the second, what parts are you stuck on?

I dont understand your 'buttons' talk... can you explain further? I dnt understand the making a new class for yoru 'buttons'.. I could see making a new class for your 'products'...

I did an XML/PHP based shopping cart engine.. (using paypal for checkout)

http://www.dmstudios.net/PMS/

and here is the 'admin' page I wrote for it..

http://www.dmstudios.net/PMS/admin.html

hi,
    Well, I wasn't so clear... I'll do my best.

1. I want to write it my self, no software involved (Except flash )
    2. I'm stuck in the phase that it's getting too complicated, the code I mean... I got to a point that I have a class for a button, for a product and more...

My plan is this:
    On the left side I'll show a list of categories (categoryButton), clicking one of the categories will open in the middle a list of the corresponding products (productButton), clicking one of the products will show on the right side a short description & image...

sounds easy... well, it should be except that I want animations for each area...

on the left side I put categoriesContainer, that will contain the categories, when the site is up and the movie plays, I want all the categories to fade-in in a nice looking way... when the user clicked one of the categories I want the corresponding products to fade-in in a nice way...

this is all possible, but when the user start to click rapidly on the categories / products buttons the animations freaking out...

I've started to debug it all slowly... and got to fix many problems with BAD users that are trying to click buttons while it's animating...

hoo, and I had to create an event for each animationFinish... to know when all the productsButtons are done fading out.. so I can fade the new ones in.

well, as you can see this problem here is more about animation of dynamic content, and the user interaction with it... not just loading from XML...

do you have anything to show me, to read, tutorials, anything that will show me the light

Thanks
    btw: your links doesn't work...
    Last edited by gilamran; 12-25-2006 at 07:25 AM.

Have you looked into the Transition Manager Built into Flash? Or even using FUSE KIT?

The transition manager has an onComplete (or onFinish) event so you can tell when one animation has stopped.. (and then you can call the next one)

Not sure why the links dont work...they work for me.. (try dropping the www in the front)

Im still unsure of what the problem is too... you are having problems animating your content?

example: you click on the 'SHOES' product button..
    shoe#1 shoes, with some text & price (correct?).. this should 'fade' in.
    when you click the 'NEXT' button (or the next product button)..SHOE#1 should fade out..and the next product should 'fade in'? right?

whisper! FUSE KIT is the answer! thanks!!!!

whisper(s).

anyways-

glad it worked out.

I never really used FUSE KIT, what part was the 'answer' for you?

Zigo Engine? Sequencer?

Did you look into the built in tween & transition class/mangers in FLASH? (sorta similar to FUSE KIT)..not as robust form what I gather though.

Well, I didn't really got into the details of the FUSE KIT, so I don't really know what's the part that will do the job for me... it is soo tobust that I'm sure I find the way to do it there...

I did look in the the tween & trasition class/manager in FLASH but, at that time I was "stuck" in the opinion that animation shouldn't be in actionscript, it should be on the time-line... something that anyone who's going from beginner to advance FLASHER will bump in to... that was the time for me... at the same time, you told me about FUSE, I saw few tutorials, and understood that actionscript animation is the good enough.. and sometimes even better...

thanks for taking me to the advance level m8!
    Gil

Banned

Re:

I also happens to me. I would appriciate your help too.

===========================
    Card games is my nature,
    Can you tell me the game for me?
    Reveal your future, tarot reading
    www.tarotcard-psychic.com