A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: adding points to a line

adding points to a line

i draw a line with the line tool, how can i add points to anywhere i want in this line?

cant flash do this or is everyone busy eating the turkey?

done with the turkey yet?

Use the reshape aspect of the Selection Tool. (Move the Selection Tool closer and closer to a line until you see a little curve appear under it). When you see the little curve, hold down the control key, click on the line and give a little tug. A new point will appear where you tugged.
    Zaffer

This trully adds a point but its distorts the line also (while giving the little tug), isnt there a way to add a point without effecting the line?

It seems you want Flash to operate like Illustrator and Draw, it never will but if you learn the tools it can do almost anything they can do.

http://www.adobepress.com/articles/a...seqNum=15&rl=1

With the path you want to modify selected, choose the pen tool from the Toolbar.
    Position the pen pointer over the path between two curve points. The add-point modifier (a plus sign) appears next to the pen icon.
    Click the path. Flash adds a new curve point ( Figure 3.43 ).

Figure 3.43 When you position the pen tool between existing curve points, a small plus sign appears next to the pointer (middle). With the plus-sign modifier active, click the curve to add a new curve point (bottom). Note that the pen tool cannot add points between corner points.
    Last edited by phacker; 12-28-2006 at 02:06 PM.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).

in other words adding a point means movement of the line?

No read through the link I posted. If you don't take time to go through tutorials why ask for advice.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).

Ok, thanx phaker, i didnt see the edit u made, i reply too fast some times!
    Zaffer read the link phaker posted cause it has some tips very helpfull