A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: smooth points

smooth points

How can i convert an edge point to be smooth?

no one knows this?

You haven't worded your question very well, perhaps post an example of the problem you are having.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).

Oh sorry, ok, well i use the pen tool and make 3 clicks like a triangle. Question is how can i convert the 2nd point to become smooth and not an edge?

Use the reshape aspect of the Selection Tool. (Move the Selection Tool closer and closer to a line until you see a little curve appear under it). When you see the little curve, grab the line and tug; the line will reshape.

Do this to the lines on either side of the point you want to convert, tugging them outwards into gentle curves. Now when you select the point with the Subselection Tool, you'll see it has handles, has been converted.
    Zaffer

Very clear Zaffer, thanx.
    Just another thing, after i make the 2nd point to be smooth, this creates smoothness in the ending point also (3rd/last point), how can i turn that ending point to be an edge? (it has a one and only handle)
    Last edited by zoranbbb; 12-28-2006 at 02:44 AM.

Use the pen tool to hover over the point until the little x by the pen tool changes to a little arrow, then click the point with the pen tool.
    Zaffer

That happens to an in between point, im refering to an ending point of a line, how do i make that "edgy"?