A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My MAME Arcade!

Electrical Engineer

My MAME Arcade!

Hello all... For a long time I've wanted to build a MAME arcade machine... A few days ago I helped my friend build his... and it turned out great! .

With the expreience of building his ... i want mine to look even better. I am making a 3d model of this to make the wood caving easier. I would normally use Auto Cad to do this ... but I currently do not have the program. I do have Swift 3D. I never used it before so I thought I would post what I am doing here...

Maybe you experienced users could give me a tip when you see something!!!!

OK... I will first start with building the arcade machine that I made for my friend with SWIFT 3D... then mod that.

Again I am NEW to this so please help me out...

Here is what I have after a couple hours...

I would be interested if there is a way to take measurements and post them on the image... and making my model look more appealingto the user.

I was thinking about making this a movie on how to assemble the arcade when I am all done... Far from that thou.

Ive also noticed that I am running into a problem where I dont want to assemble the sides to the bottom yet since I may want to change out that part. Not having this assembled does NOT allow me to use the "SHOW ANNIMATIONS" tools... looks like I have to group all parts. Is there a work around to use that tool so all parts will rotate together... also, When a part is given a "ANNIMATION" How do you delete it from the part if you dont want it anymore?

I've seen some tuts here..http://www.erain.com/support/Tutorials/

If there are other good ones please let me know

ok.. lots a questions
    Thanks
    Last edited by sambuchi; 12-31-2006 at 08:16 PM.
    My work in progress ... please help this madness! www.sambuchi.net