A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: undo the parent/child object properties

undo the parent/child object properties

When I tried to follow the tutorial for the head modeling, I came to the part where I had to insert a sphere in the scene, where the head was already placed. The writer told us to uncheck the Edit Mesh option so the wphere would be created as a seperate object. But every time I tried to put the sphere in the scene it appeared as a child of the head no matter what I tried. Also there appeared a blue connection line ( indicating the parent/child property).
    Does any body know what I should do to make it a seperate object and not a child of another object. I also tried to break out selection through the menu(ctrl-click), but this doesn't work at all.
    A great new year for every one and best wishes !!

Everything is working as it should.

The writer told us to uncheck the Edit Mesh option so the sphere would be created as a seperate object.
    To be more specific, this process will create a separate Mesh Object. It is because you have the other object already in the Advanced Modeler that it becomes a child of that object.

So those really are two separate (mesh) objects, but if you want to remove the parent/child relationship there are two ways to go about it. The first would be to enter the Advanced Modeler with nothing selected from the outset. That way anything you create in there won't be the child of anything. The other way is to simply go back to the Scene Editor and drag the new object in the Hierarchy Panel up under/onto the word 'Scene' at the top. This will take it out of any group(s) that it is in and place in on the bottom of the hierarchy list.

Using 'Break Out Selection' creates exactly the same scenario as above where you exit Edit Mesh Mode and create another object. When you use this function on a set of faces, those faces are turned into a separate Mesh Object and it is automatically set as a child of the original object. So it's all good, yeh?
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

undo the parent/child object

I'll try it, Thank you for your reply