I am creating an website which will incorporate a special offer coupon, incorporating a barcode. The idea is that the customer will print the coupon from the site and then use in specific stores.

Here's the problem: As found in the past, when customers with poor, low resolution printers, print the coupon, the scanners in the stores cannot read the barcode. I think this was partly due to the fact that the screen JPEG of the coupon was not good enough quality.

First and foremost we require the customers to print at a specific size, i.e. 100% (so the barcode works in the stores). I am not sure how to go about this. If I create a JPEG (or similar bitmap file) that is above 72 DPI then it simply appears bigger than I want when shown on screen. Is there a way…

a) to override the customers print settings so that the online coupon prints at 100%. Or

b) is there a way to reference an EPS or high-res PDF file, so that once the customer prints it will be 100% and good enough quality to be read by the store scanners. I am not sure if Flash would be helpful or not!

I know that was a bit long winded but any help at this stage would be much appreciated.

Paul