A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swfobject and latest Flash Player 8 update for IE

swfobject and latest Flash Player 8 update for IE

Hi all,

This morning when I arrived at work, I was prompted to update my Flash Player. I have the flash 8 player installed currently and generally publish my .swf's in 6/7.

After I installed, I was unable to see any flash content generated with swfobject in IE 6.

Here is my code:
    <div id="flash"></div>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    var so = new SWFObject("file.swf", "mymovie", "758", "448", "7", "");
    so.write("flash");
    </script>
    </div>

Any help in solving this problem would be appreciated. Also if anyone has a clue as to how many people might have my configuration: latest update to flash player 8 + IE 6, that would be awesome too.

Thanks in advance.

I've continued to test and found that I actually have the 9.0.16 Version of the Flash Player.

Swfobject works fine on Firefox and shows nothing in IE. Although they both show that they have the 9 player. Other Javascripts work fine and my .swf works correctly in IE if I don't use the swfobject script.

OK, so now I'm leaning towards the idea that there was a problem with my install.

If anyone would like to confirm whether or not they can see my .swf and let me know their browser and player version, that would be great. Here's the URL: http://www.royalpalmskauai.com/v2/floorplans.php

I'm sure you solved it already but yes--I can see your site movie in IE with latest build of flash.