A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When you're too old for the club...

When you're too old for the club...

So I was reflecting back to having to rescue a friend last weekend from a possible DUI when he called me from the club drunk enough to flirt with the waitress with the glass eye and the peg leg and think it was worth it...

And it it hit me. I'm not really a club person, never really was. I mean, I love a pub like no other. Or a good brewery. But a club? Not my style.

Anyway, I feel some pity for my friend... he's older than I am and was hanging around these 20-something year olds and they were all looking at him like he was all too old to be there.

Sadly, I agree.

It's not like that he's out there with his chest hair and gold chains with a small medallion that says "Gonna Git U Sucka" or "Jive Turkey".

I just don't want to ever be that "old guy at the club"...

bah.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I feel the same way. Although, eventually I will be "the creepy old dude hanging around the arcade and video game store". But I will accept that, even before it happens.

Just don't wear a trench coat and constantly lick your lips...

I cannot relate
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

already happened to you hasn't it gerbs? You're here with a load of youngesters.

this is a graphical representation of you

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    At least at the FK you can pretend there's a chance of the teens hanging around for the wisdom.

At a club you're in their territory, fair and square. No excuses, you're there to oggle young flesh and enjoy the college drink specials that a younger liver would have no problem breaking down - but a more hardened version (a la gerbs' friend) can't quite manage.

I guess if you insist on clubbing past your mid 30s your best option is to VIP. Part of the general crowd spells l-o-s-e-r.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

yeah. i've never really been a big club person. did go through a couple of fairly sporadic clubbing phases (one when i was 16-18) then again when i discovered the delights of brighton's clubbing scene 4 or 5 years ago. now the idea of hanging out in a club really does not appeal.

pubs/bars, occasionally.
    clubs, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoRmedia
    already happened to you hasn't it gerbs? You're here with a load of youngesters.
    I ain't trawling for booty here, Mr. Refresh.

yeah yeah. weren't you once locked up for this ?

So I didn't remember the legal age in that country. Blame me for not having that as one of the things customs tells you upon entry. Sheesh.

I'm so glad i'm out of that scene.

In my 20's I used to work with the club crowd. 20 somethings girls would earn $100 plus a nite and lived with parents. They'd rarely have to pay for drinks and there bar tab was the only expense they had. I knew so many young guys who would blow the rent money buying a gal drinks only to end up high and dry.

That's when I found out about my addictive personality. and had the good sense to stop drinking, and stop trying to chase women who were looking for a sugar daddy that I could never be.

I was watching an episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air the other day and Jeffery went to the club with a 20-something year old nanny.

He knew how to cut a rug!

He knew how to cut a rug!
    pfft. slang dinosaur.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Cut a rug?

What is that, taking a pair of scissors to a toupee?
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

the same thing is happening with malls, i cant go on weekend nights anymore because the entire mall is crawling with 14 year old hoochie mammas, and emo kids.

As a lifelong resident of the State of New Jersey, having known many guidos and douchebags, I feel it is my duty to re-assure all of you who have avoided clubs (and therefore, the clap) for most of your lives.

If you'd like to be "scared straight", find the MTV "True Stories" episode about the guy who goes clubbing at the Jersey Shore in the summer.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Quote Originally Posted by PAlexC
    As a lifelong resident of the State of New Jersey, having known many guidos and douchebags, I feel it is my duty to re-assure all of you who have avoided clubs (and therefore, the clap) for most of your lives.

If you'd like to be "scared straight", find the MTV "True Stories" episode about the guy who goes clubbing at the Jersey Shore in the summer.
    even before i read this post, i thought about that true life episode. If i was 50pds heavier in muscle, i'd go find that guy and beat the living hell out of him until the stink of jersey and his horrible accent were gone. It's guys like him (and his whole posse) that give jersey a horrible name. Welll....that and everythign else about jersey sucks monkey nuts.

You mean this and this ?

I think most people meet someone, settle down, start a family, and stop going out to clubs long before they reach age where they don't fit in any more.

For those that don't, you weren't good enough to find your mate at the clubs when you were in your prime, what makes you think its gonna happen at now, give up, and stop embarrassing yourself in front of the young people.

And for the people that have found their mate and started a family, but still go out to the clubs, WTF is wrong with you! Get home to your family!

Some times I even wonder if I'm too old to go clubbing... and I'm only 28!