A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Weekend challenge 1 (OPEN)

Weekend challenge 1 (CLOSED)

Ok, lets start with easy one.
    Topic is: Game banner/ad

Create coolest looking banner/advertise for existing, soon to come or even imaginary game of your choice.
    Graphics can be pain sometimes, so feel free to use existing material from what game companies offer (such as game fansite kit packs, google )
    Get things moving, add text or whatever to make it cooool as ice

"rules"
    - It is your creation, not copy or other stolen one
    - submit your creation before next monday
    - upload your .swf + .html + .movie to online, or if not possible, attach it to your reply as .zip packed for others to see

Feel free to show even unfinished work, and talk about the subject, give tips for others etc. in this thread.

After deadline I'll create new topic for voting, and then you have few days to vote. Finally the winner picks next week(end) topic and submits it to me.
    Last edited by Finjogi; 01-15-2007 at 03:05 PM.

I might give it a shot. If i have time.

Kk, i finished mine any suggestions for putting in on the forums? Don't have a website atm =\

My Entry

Made this in about 17 min . This is an actual game I am making and if you don't catch on, at the end he is casting magic which explodes the letters :P.

http://www.armthewolves.com/demos/banner.html
    BC

It wont let me put my .mov file on here.

But all it is is a picture...

(were we allowed to animate it?)

everything made by scratch

-sada-
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sadako232; 01-13-2007 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sadako232
    It wont let me put my .mov file on here.

But all it is is a picture...

(were we allowed to animate it?)
    -sada-
    Add you files to zip packet... and yes, animation, movement etc. is what separates flash from regular images go go, animate it beyond belief

very nice brent

-sada-

Ps. Can't wait to see the game =p

Animated banner

So. I have made a Lord-of-the-Rings-style banner...

Click here

I think it's a good job !
    The only big problem was to reduct the files sizes. Another problem is the flash movie importation in 3DFA : when I import an animated swf file, I can see it (black border in the editor), but when I play the main movie, I don't see the animation I have imported; it doesn't work !?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RonaldCrow; 01-14-2007 at 10:50 AM.

Some explanations

I'll explain how to obtain that result. The free fonts were found at Lord of the Rings or at Dafont ; uncopyrighted medieval cliparts were found on internet; the main image is a desktop wallpaper without author's name ("Bea Flora" is the name of the beautiful model, if you're interested ! ).
    I use a lot of layers in 3DFA, that's why it's a good way to work first with Photoshop.
    To generate the film-animation, you need this fantastic tool : Projector KPT6 filter for Photoshop. From this only one picture...>>>>>>>>>>
    ...create an avi animation with Projector KPT6 filter; convert this big file (30 Mo) into a gif animation (20 Mo) with GifMovieGear (or other software). After cropping, resizing, and frames numbers reduction, you get 15 frames (900 Ko) :

Now in 3DFA, you can use this frames to make a child movie. The other elements may be put in different layers, as you did it with Photoshop before. Transparence is modified by the alpha. That's all.
    (I know what are you going to tell me : "Is it a Photoshop tutorial or a 3DFA help ?". My answer : graphical quality is the most important thing to achieve professional look...).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by RonaldCrow; 01-14-2007 at 11:43 AM.