A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Video won't play when triggered by loaded library

Video won't play when triggered by loaded library

hi

i seem to be having an issue with playing video. Here's the situation.

I'm working on a pretty large AS2 app that loads in various swfs at runtime. Some just contain graphics, others just code.

In one of the graphic swfs i have a movieclip with a Video object created on it.

If i add some code to create NetConnection/NetStream etc and play an flv file to the graphical swf it's all fine, it displays and plays normally.

If, however i do exactly the same from one of the loaded code library swfs i don't see anything. I'm targeting the correct MovieClip - and it shows it's an instanceof Video, and the url to the video is correct - but it won't play. I've tried mimicking the loading mechanism in a simpler way to see if there's some sort of levelling issue at work but it seems to work fine - the fact that different swfs are being loaded doesn't seem to make a difference at that level.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? Any ideas?

T

ok, just discovered that to get the video to appear i have to publish my library swf (containing the code only) to Flash 7 - then it appears. I need to publish it to 8, so if anyone has any ideas or has hit this problem before... if you could give me some pointers i'd be really grateful

~T