A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how did you get into flash?

how did you get into flash?

hey, so every body has somewhat of a story of how they got into flash... so lets hear it..

i wanted to learn to make animations.. the gif ones.. i went to someone how has exp in PCs and he recomanded me flash
    i didn't really make an animation but the other results ware nice

ok well i was with my girl friend and she flashed me so i went on the computer and searched flash...

na i wanted to learn it for web design and i keeped learning flash and go into the habbit of making games.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I'm not into Flash

dp
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

was between network security contracts, saw some new program called Flash 2, decided to keep tabs on it if I ever decided to use my other degree.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

purple lizard
    my big bro got a macromedia CD, I had always wanted to make my own movies, and he just happend to install it on my computer at the one time i wonderd about that stuff. At first, every few seconds i was running up to him and going, how do you do this, why wont this work? but over time i learned all about it and got really good at it. now i am brilliant, and have no shame in calling myself a computer nerd.

Always wondered why FK became your main gig (as far as boards) Gerbick. Or is that not true?

i was always into graphic stuff and my neighbor told me about flash... and i was like thats perfrect for me so i started with it... too bad i still suck..

I bought an aphex twin cd that had some cool flash stuff on it,
    I was amazed and had to learn how it was done.
    Then i started working at covingtons, their web guy wouldn't ever update their site so i took it over.

I originally purchased flash 4, at the time just to play and mess around with it, animations, cartoons, etc. It's sort of grown on me since then, pretty much when I started doing it for $$..

found this stuff on the internet call flash (flash2), got flash 3 when i was 17, never looked back

Quote Originally Posted by jAQUAN
    Always wondered why FK became your main gig (as far as boards) Gerbick. Or is that not true?
    Honestly? I got contacted directly - luck of the draw - by Electric Rain as well as Anark when I was looking at possible 3D option for on-the-web stuffs... and got into it's early development cycle prior to version 1.0's release, as well as Vecta3D.

And that's what got me started into staying here... sharing my prior 3D work/experience with people since that was my job before the programming which proceeded the network/security stuff... I got into the CL by helping people with system problems alongside LanSite.

Sticking around here has landed me a few writing gigs - technical writer on a few books - then a few chapters in the (infamous) the Swift3D book later... so I just decided to stay here.

And now... I've been actively asking you for a job for a long time, right?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

yeah that's about right. after how I've *****ed I wonder why

i saw a web site called www.gabocorp.com, found out it was made with some new app called Flash, then had my manager buy it. still have the Flash 2 box/CD to this day.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I started doing web development (poorly) when I was 14. I was talking to the web developer at my mom's company and he handed me a CD with the trial of Flash 3. I played with it a little and then really started playing with it when 4 came around.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by nordberg
    i saw a web site called www.gabocorp.com, found out it was made with some new app called Flash, then had my manager buy it. still have the Flash 2 box/CD to this day.
    Heh, I think we've covered this but same here. A friend showed me gabocorp.com and once he said vector I was hooked. Having worked in illustrator for the previous 4-5 years, I never thought it could be a viable animation platform. I had zero knowledge of the web and thought it was beyond my abilities. After making my first button symbol I was hooked.

I think it was after I felt 'limited' with Swish. LOL and since a new version (1.52 I think) was coming out.. I figured to aim my learning curve toward FLASH....

couple buttons, some motion guides..and 'animated forms'... been here ever since.

i learned to program BASIC on the Commodore 64 and some other languages as a kid. i also spent a lot of time drawing vector animations of dragons, etc. on an Amiga 500. flash offered the perfect blend of vector art and programming for me.

after finding it, i was inspired by the experimental things that people like Joshua Davis was doing and by the art/animations of Michael Young and Bradley Grosh. i kind of just experimented with and learned how to use it on my own projects for a while and then discovered people would pay for it.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar
    Our Web designer was doing some animations in Flash and I was totally blown away by its capabilites(way back in 2000). He suggested me to try FlashPlanet for some tutorials to learn more about Flash and I have been hooked to it ever since.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

I did a lot of html and wanted to make a cancer tutorial. First I used gif animation but then i turned to Flash (5). Took me a while to get into actionscript starting with mx.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -