A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: A .swf/.fla to video format (.avi, .mov) converter?

A .swf/.fla to video format (.avi, .mov) converter?

Hi there.

Thanks for taking the time to reading my post. To put it simply, I am in desperate need of help with this major issue; I require a way to convert my flash file to a .mov file, or any video file at a reasonable quality. I've tried several programs ("SUPER", SWF to Video Scout) but they either don't work, or greatly compromise the quality.

My video has 360 frames, with very simple actionscripting (stop();, gotoAndPlay(), consists of a great deal of movie clips. While it is only 360 frames, the playtime extends to a little over 1000 frames i think, since some parts are stopped and an internal movie clip would play to the very end, then an internal gotoAndPlay(); command is initiated to continue the movie... I think you professionals get the picture. :P

It may be too specific of a request, but does anyone know of a reliable converter for my flash movie? And if it's free, even better. Thank you!

anyone else hear that? flashpipe1's Avatar
    Have you tried using the Export->Export movie feature from flash? It will let you export an uncompressed avi, mov or bmp sequence that should give you what you want...

Hope that helps!
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

Ah, yes, I have. That feature does not export out movie clips that should be played, however, which is a serious problem.

Ah, yeah, you'll have to do some tweaking to get it export all the pieces properly. You'll have to convert the movie clip symbols to graphic symbols and make them either play once or loop. Then it will export your movie clips...

Hope that helps.
    Love like you've never been hurt, live like there's no tomorrow and dance like nobody's watching.

:O Wow, it does work! Never knew you could do it that way

I have another problem, unfortunately. I'm not sure whether or not I'm the only one who experiences it, but when I have a Movie Clip that is heavy in terms of animation and hold a series of other Movie Clip that possibly do the same, a simple movement or deletion of a keyframe containing the Movie Clip would crash the program. Converting it do a Graphic, too, does that. Is there any solution to that?

Thank you for the above tip, however. You've just saved me a great deal of trouble.

Hmm...could be a memory problem. Never run into that before...is it a very large file (file size wise) you're working with, or is it just that one section that has lots of nested movie clips?

Here are a few threads that may help (I searched on 'delete frame crash'):
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=535571
    and, no solutions here, but more people with the crashing problem:
    http://board.flashkit.com/board/showthread.php?t=537795

Haven't experienced this with Flash 8, but that doesn't mean anything...

Quote Originally Posted by excelsium
    Hi there.

Thanks for taking the time to reading my post. To put it simply, I am in desperate need of help with this major issue; I require a way to convert my flash file to a .mov file, or any video file at a reasonable quality. I've tried several programs ("SUPER", SWF to Video Scout) but they either don't work, or greatly compromise the quality.

My video has 360 frames, with very simple actionscripting (stop();, gotoAndPlay(), consists of a great deal of movie clips. While it is only 360 frames, the playtime extends to a little over 1000 frames i think, since some parts are stopped and an internal movie clip would play to the very end, then an internal gotoAndPlay(); command is initiated to continue the movie... I think you professionals get the picture. :P

It may be too specific of a request, but does anyone know of a reliable converter for my flash movie? And if it's free, even better. Thank you!

Hi all!

Well personally I prefer import flash files to video with special converter. I know that flash can convert swf/flv to video format but it's not perfect for work!!

I use "Flash to Video Encoder PRO" at geovid. In my opinion it's the best way for this. Cheers!
    Haste makes waste

i agree with Speedle!

i like this software by geovid, if to compare the quality and the price. It's a good way not to think about some additional programs for example to burn dvd. Everything in one tool.

I think google is best, everything can be found on it.

search "flv converter" or "swf converter" on google.

Quote Originally Posted by excelsium View Post
    Hi there.

Bros MOV Converter, competent, comprehensive and capable mov video conversion program to aid users to convert QuickTime mov video files to other video formats, MOV to AVI, MOV to 3GP, MOV to MP4, VOB, FLV and so on.

You can try this function is very powerful Bros MOV Converter software, there are those functions that you say, you can learn from it and see that you have no help.
    More useful software introduction, please visit the following URL:
    http://www.brosvideo.com/mov-converter.html

Browser from Google search elements Keywords: Bros MOV Converter you can find this powerful software.

Christmas more software discount promotions, affordable lot!Merry Christmas!

Browser from Google search elements Keywords:

Emicsoft-Christmas Discount

OX PDF-Christmas Discount

Brosvideo-Chrismas Discount

I use AppGeeker to convert flv to mov format, but I'm sure there's other stuff out there.

The program does a hell of a job converting videos.

Quote Originally Posted by excelsium View Post
    Hi there.

Find a good converter tool is very difficult,and I looked a lots of guides to convter swf to avi video. Doing that so will help you!

Quote Originally Posted by jjsony View Post
    Find a good converter tool is very difficult,and I looked a lots of guides to convter swf to avi video. Doing that so will help you!
    I used to convert lots of avi to mp4 last week.You can reference to some guides to convter avi video to mp4.

I think google is best, everything can be found on it.

For swf to to avi/mov converter. I'm using bvcsoft swf to flv converter, it can convert swf video to flv,avi,mov,wmv,mpeg,rm,mp4,3gp etc format with high quality.also increase volume from 75db to 105db and nomalizer swf videos at the same sound level.very great.You can try it.

My favorite program is Video Converter Assist, supports all known formats including flv, swf, mp4, swf, mov, avi. It presented with user friendly GUI, and is easy to handle while offering lots of options to the advanced user.

I know a wonderful FLA Converter which enables to convert FLA files to all kinds of video and audio formats with HD quality and superb speed. The good FLA Converter is a helpful FLA Player. Besides, this FLA Video Converter is a Video Joiner/Merger and video editor that can help merge or join FLA files together, trim FLA videos, remove off ads, crop FLA files, adjust FLA video size, rotate FLA video, add/remove FLA subtitle, adjust audio channel, increase FLA audio volume and more.

Find it by google search "How to Convert FLA to SWF, FLV, MP4, AVI, WMV, MP3 with FLA Converter?"

I higly recommend iDealshare VideoGo to fast and batch convert FLA to SWF, MP4, MP3, AVI, FLV, WMV, MOV etc

Here is the step by step guide at http://www.idealshare.net/video-conv...3-flv-avi.html