A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How did they do it?

How did they do it?

Does anyone know how they achieve this effect?
    http://www.mcdonalds.com.au/

Are they really just enlarging the icons and then laying a clean mc on top?

Thanks!

Are they doing the same here? www.leoburnett.com

yeah i think they just enlarge the icons. What amzed me was the pencil. Does anyone know how to do that?

Check out something like this .

not'n' wrong with hat'n' sushi iHATEsushi's Avatar
    Something tells me that there is a lot of code involved or maybe it's more simplier than I think. Anyhow the leoburnett site was featured in a magazine (I think it was called Web Designer) which discusses the latest in technology web based related etc... anyhow this site is awsome and very creative. I hadn't seen it in a while so thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by iHATEsushi; 01-24-2007 at 09:34 PM.

Funny, I can find tons of stuff on people that love it or hate it but nothing on how or the process involved.

I can an will honestly say that I am not good enough of a coder to figure it out. I am humble to those who can.

No doubt. Me too. I was trying to find stuff on this type of zooming effect too. Sparkswriter

Clogs my machine but the result is pretty nice.

Is the Sparkswriter your site? If so it's very creative.

No it's not. Some one here in town. I liked it too. I've seen that zoom effect elsewhere but can't seem to find any tutorials or explanantions about it.

have you tried the killeractionscript site

http://www.killeractionscript.com/

It's byt the same group of people that operate Killer PHP. They usually have some out of this world material there.

I explained how to do the pencil effect here. To move the letters around isn't much harder. You have each one as a separate movie clip. You set the _x value of one as mc._x = mc._x - proportion * (_xmouse - Stage.width/2). You set the y value similarly. The _xmouse - Stage.width/2 (or _ymouse - Stage.height/2 if you're doing the y) means that the further the mouse moves away from the center of the screen, the more the movieclip will move. The proportion variable will have absolute value of less than 1 just to make sure that you aren't pushing the movieclips off the screen by moving the mouse all the way to the right or the left. Set it to be plus or minus depending on which way you want the movieclip to move inrelation to the mouse movements.

HTH

Quote Originally Posted by Hysteresis
    I explained how to do the pencil effect here. To move the letters around isn't much harder. You have each one as a separate movie clip. You set the _x value of one as mc._x = mc._x - proportion * (_xmouse - Stage.width/2). You set the y value similarly. The _xmouse - Stage.width/2 (or _ymouse - Stage.height/2 if you're doing the y) means that the further the mouse moves away from the center of the screen, the more the movieclip will move. The proportion variable will have absolute value of less than 1 just to make sure that you aren't pushing the movieclips off the screen by moving the mouse all the way to the right or the left. Set it to be plus or minus depending on which way you want the movieclip to move inrelation to the mouse movements.

HTH
    Doesn't work.

Thanks for the killer link. I'll check it out.

Here's another great site that combines that zoom effect with video. LitFuse

Here's another example done nicely. JFE Co.