A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "Pages of a Book" effect

"Pages of a Book" effect

Hey, I have a .JPG which is dynamically loaded into a movie clip holder, which is then displayed and has some other effects applied etc. to make a fancy photo gallery. When a picture is clicked it zooms up and moves to the left of the flash movie. Then on the right I have another movie clip which fades in which has all the text boxes for writing and reading comments.

As for the 3D part: I wanted to have the two look as if they were on pages of a book which was opened towards the user. As in have the picture on the left slant "in" to the middle of the movie, and the MC on the right slant "in" to the middle as well. Any ideas or examples of how to create this effect in flash? Thanks, - Peter.
    Last edited by SilverVenom; 01-25-2007 at 06:30 PM.

Pageflip 2.2 - source code is available at the bottom of the page.

Perhaps that could help you along easily. The rest, you'd have to all with AS or so, which is very possible. Or use a 3D app like Swift3D.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Thanks for the link, but still not what I'm looking for. Basically all that I need is some way to make a movie clip appear as if one side is closer to the user, while the other is closer to the stage. A big problem is because all the images are dynamic... :-/ I've looked at just about every link Google has to offer on the subject...

You're definitely up for a lot of AS dude. But I'm not sure what you're asking is 3D, as much as it is transforming the MC after you load the jpeg.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]