A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Has anyone done this or seen this?

Has anyone done this or seen this?

Hi everyone,

I am being asked to do an animation of a baseball batter hitting a baseball. The ball itself is probably going to be easy, but the batter may not be so easy.

What is a good approach for this that shows the batter in "ready to swing" position, then "mid-swing" and then "end-swing" or follow through position? Obviously, it would be great if I could find all 3 positions of the same batter, but I may use clip art to get past that.

But what's a good way to animate the full swing from ready position? And is there a good source of graphics for this?

Thanks for any help or direction that can be provided.

--Frank
    Frank

just something i managed to find, hope it helps

-juju

Nice Guy
    you need a movieclip within movieclip setup so that you can curve the shoulders and move the arms with in a psuedo skeleton movement, any rotation of the limbs should be placed inside the component parts and be accessed via body.object.gotoAndPlay("frameLabel"); this way you can use the rotation property to make it look like the joints are extending / flexing

Animation is a skill that is learned and practiced, not something that lends itself well to a formula. Most animators spend years doing figure studies and learning the basics of movement.

The pictures Jujumon gave you will give you some necessary keyframes, but it's going to be up to you to set up the timing and tweens necessary to pull it off.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).