A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Scenes

Scenes

working on a small animation which are in groups. Unlike flash, when you dont want to override your last keyframe you usually insert a blank keyframe. Is there an equivalent function or method in Swift.

Or do I just use scenes? if So, got no idea how to create scenes.

Please help me out. Thanks.

Probably the first thing you will need to wrap your head around is the fact that while Swift3D is meant to work with Flash, it doesn't work anything like Flash.

There is no way to create a blank keyframe. Every single object has it's own separate timeline and all animations start out at the first frame. Keyframes are created when you make changes to an object while the Animate button is toggled on, and the Current Frame Indicator is on a frame other than the first. If you want the animation of this particular object to happen later, you have to drag the keyframes on the timeline as described in your other thread.

As for scenes, Swift3D doesn't have those, either. For this you will want to either use a separate file or render/export only a portion of your scene at a time. You would then set up your actual scenes (if you want to use them) and any interactivity/scripting in Flash.

If you need me to clarify any of that just let me know.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Thanks for the explanation RushVision, I understood your post and really do appreciate the help.

Glad I could help.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Mr Rush; I like the way you explain problems. I am a new swift user.(novice)
    I want to know how to definetly import models(3d) into swift 1.2 version. I cannot make my own models yet and I am working on a space scene and want
    to import some space craft model but it keep telling me that it can not be imported (not a swift file. can you help me out pls.? tk U.

Quote Originally Posted by shonmomo
    Mr Rush; I like the way you explain problems. I am a new swift user.(novice)
    I want to know how to definetly import models(3d) into swift 1.2 version. I cannot make my own models yet and I am working on a space scene and want
    to import some space craft model but it keep telling me that it can not be imported (not a swift file. can you help me out pls.? tk U.