A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Adding blur to moving objects

Adding blur to moving objects

OK, I made a simple animation that I'm going to put on a banner of a website me and my friend are doing. The animation is 100 % made in Swift3D. All i I need to do is add a blur effect to the objects that are moving. Since I didn't use Flash or Swift3D often I do not know how this can be done (I use SwishMax for making animations and almost everything else).
    So the question is: How can the blur effect be done?
    Also, I'm thinking about adding some textures. Will that change the process?
    Any help would be... helpfull
    Awaiting for your replies...

Regards

You could render to movie (*.mov or *.avi) and add the blur via post production in Adobe After Effects or Autodesk Combustion.

Not going to happen solely within Swift3D, and the blurs created in Flash via AS3 are good for simulating distance, but not so much motion - controlling it would be a bit of a struggle.

Just a thought... and I could be very wrong as my experience with the bitmap blur within Flash is quite limited.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Yeah, Thanks for your help.
    The problem is that I want to keep the file size as smaller as possible but I don't want to loose on quality so converting to movie is out of the question. Why? Well, where I live lots of people use 56K modems so I want the site to be "light".
    Yeah, I'll figure something out
    Thanks

Regards

Are you rendering to vector or raster?
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Well, I'm rendering to vector for now because of the file size. That way I can't add blur in Flash, right? Or can I? It's really a small animation, 6 little half-transparent rectangles rotating and moving on the right side of the banner.

Regards

I would say give it a try and see if it slows things down. I would think you could create a copy of each rectangle, turn it into a symbol, then use the blur filter on it and put it in front of, behind, or replace the other rectangle depending on how it looks.

Not sure if that would be too much work, though. If they are rotating as well as moving you'll have to do it for each and every frame.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Yeah, I know what you mean. Too much work for something people will probably not even notice 'cause it's not even a loop... The animation stops after 5 seconds and it's like a slow motion.
    I'll give it a try anyway

Regards

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Duplicate the movie clip using Actions Script and have it change the alpha amount from 100% to 10% creating a clip at every 10% step from 100 down. Have the clips start every .2 seconds apart. This way you will only have to load your orig art once and can achieve the blur you want. You can do the same thing by just placing your movie clip in a key frame on seperate layers every 5 - 10 frames and setting various alpha settings. I use to use this a lot back in the early days of Flash. It works. Regards, Bill
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Footer... We dont need no Stinking Footers!!!!

Hey, thanks a lot for the tip...I tried it before but using Swishmax. Looks neat but still lacks finess I guess I'll try it in Flash now, maybe something will be different.
    Anyway, thanks...

Regards