A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Doors Reunion ... featuring Eddie Vedder (Pearl Jam)

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by Visionray
    (everyone loves watching a sweaty, hairy chested man in a tight jump suit perform jumping jacks on stage).
    not me, I kinda like a circus for that.

That second pic looks like some transvestite at the wrong end of the sleeze ball at Sydney's mardi gras looking for the lube.

david
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Do any of you know exactly how much I hate Eddie Vedder?

Seriously, I hate his voice with a damn giant passion...

To each their own, I suppose

PAlexC: That's just Chuck Norris's way of saying sometimes corn needs to lay the heck down.
    Gerbick: America. Stabbing suckers since Vespucci left.

I like The Doors and Perl Jam,
    I don't mind Vedders voice, but i don't think i want to hear him singing any of The Doors songs.
    I think the best sound that could come out of this would be if the Doors keyboardist was playing with Perl Jam, and they were doing other peoples songs.

Quote Originally Posted by hanratty21
    Boo. Let sleeping dogs lie. The Doors WERE Jim Morrison.
    If you are to say that, you are to disregard Ray Manzarek's 2-tier organ genius, the fact that Robby Krieger composed and wrote more songs than Morrison, including their #1 hit, and dont know the band well enough to have the authority to say that in the first place.

Most of American Prayer is cocktail jazz, and Morrison's actual poetry is pish posh. Only his iconic looks have given that illusion, just like kids wearing shirts with Che Guevara on them think that they actually support one thing Che did by buying that t-shirt at a communist sale at Hot Topic with their parents' credit card. The singer was a bi-sexual beatnik alcoholic, with a brilliant mind granted, but definitely NOT the Doors, only a part of.
    Last edited by fospher.com; 02-12-2007 at 11:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fospher.com
    If you are to say that, you are to disregard Ray Manzarek's 2-tier organ genius, the fact that Robby Krieger composed and wrote more songs than Morrison, including their #1 hit, and dont know the band well enough to have the authority to say that in the first place...
    Not one person ever showed up at a Doors show to watch Ray Manzarek play organ or to watch Robby Krieger compose. They showed up to watch Jim Morrison writhe around the stage stinking of his own piss and feigning masturbation while mesmerizing the audience with dramatically delivered lyrics (good or not). Once in a while, you'd get lucky enough to see him pull out his junk and wave it at the audience. At the end of the day, Krieger, Manzarek and, yes...even Vedder...would simply take nothing more than a backseat to this spectacle of a man.

Now...when I say the Doors were Jim Morrison...hopefully you understand what I mean.
    Last edited by hanratty21; 02-13-2007 at 03:47 AM.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fospher.com
    blah, blah, blah...
    Dude, wth have you been...? Long time, no see.

just like at the moron singer of Creed killing roadhouse blues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLIEeQwHXn0

it sucks...if the doors were to hire a new singer, I think Vedder is the best one for it.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.