A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Google Videos "Smooth Video" for FLVPlayback

Google Videos "Smooth Video" for FLVPlayback

I am trying to make a full browser video using the FLVPlayback component, and everything has gone well so far. My only issue is that when it is scaled up the video is massively pixelated.

Now Google Video does the same thing since those are just FLV's, but they have a "Smooth Video" feature which seems to smooth it out in real-time with no lag.

I have tried applying a blur filter to my component but that just lags it down. Any suggestions on smoothing the video when its scaled?

I am actually going to answer my own question since I just figured it out and have seen this question asked before.

Steps to smooth, or antialias your FLV in the Flash 8 video component:
    (We will assume the instance name of your component has been set to "FLVPlayer")

MovieClip(FLVPlayer.getVideoPlayer(FLVPlayer.activ eVideoPlayerIndex))._video.smoothing = true;

The only issue I have found is that it needs to be called AFTER your video has loaded (and possibly buffered as well). This code is thanks to Julian over at http://julian.empiregn.com/

There is no reason to do the cast to MovieClip
    VideoPlayer inherits from Video so the line

MovieClip(FLVPlayer.getVideoPlayer(FLVPlayer.activ eVideoPlayerIndex))._video.smoothing = true;

can be written more simply as

FLVPlayer.getVideoPlayer(FLVPlayer.activeVideoPlay erIndex)).smoothing = true;

FLV player now is the most common player plugin. let try it

wow thanks for sharing
    saim malik