A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: new site - please look and give me feedback

new site - please look and give me feedback

hello,

I just recently put this together for a client.
    It seems to work fine but im always looking for ways to improve, so any feedback would be great.

cheers guys.

Adam.

http://mhrr.co.uk

Liked it a great deal, enjoyed the overall feel of the site, really liked how you displayed images over the text... My only two small critiques are that the text telling the user which button they are at, it seems weird to make that so dark almost grayed out, I would think you would want it to stand out more, considering it is where the user is. At first I was going to suggest red but that seems like over the top. Secondly I just didnt think the font used for the buttons fit in well with the design, it fits with the button style but not the rest of the fonts or the theme of this site. Anyways, these are just two personal preferences, but I thought I'd let you know my opinion.

ChaseNYC
    mmm signature

Interactive Designer
    A couple of things are holding this back from being a great site.

I do feel there needs to be more substanance(sp) in the mid-ground of the site.

I Think it would be wise to re-think the navigation imagery. It doesn't fit. (Try, Trebuchet, 14px, maybe with a gradient 'reflection' below)

I think you could add more warmth to the site, by using colors that are in the images. Here is a site i designed and built for a client. It's generally the same idea, however I had decided to theme the site against there most marvel suite.

(http://www.danaholcombehouse.com)

My 2 Cents.

thanks for the comments - nice and constructive. army - I liked your site and agree that your use of colour does give the site a lift but my client loved the black and white look so im reluctant to change that now. 1 point about your site - your "The Inn" page is sitting slightly higher than the others. I notice you have put all your flash pages within seperate html files. Is that an SEO tactic that works even though the link through to the page is via a flash button? - im still learning about Seach Engine Optimisation.

You both mentioned the navigation which admittedly I ripped from another project. so thats probably why it doesn't sit that well. Funny how when you are the designer you can overlook these things. I think I will experiment with some different fonts and maybe experiment with colour.

Once again - thanks for the comments - very helpful.