I Am using Flash MX.

IM trying to make a side scrolling platformer game where you jump platforms.

I found a tutorial. it says make a ball. then make a rectanglle and name it Ground, then select the ball and enter the folling code:

onClipEvent (load) { moveSpeed = 10;}onClipEvent (enterFrame) { if (Key.isDown(Key.RIGHT)) { this._x += moveSpeed; } else if (Key.isDown(Key.UP)) { this._y -= 0; } else if (Key.isDown(Key.DOWN) && !fall) { this._y += 0; } else if (Key.isDown(Key.LEFT)) { this._x -= moveSpeed; }}onClipEvent (enterFrame) { if (Key.isDown(Key.SPACE) && !jumping) { vel_y = 36; jumping = true; } if (jumping == true) { vel_y -= 2; if (vel_y<=-15) { vel_y = -15; } this._y -= vel_y; } if (_root.ground.hitTest(this._x, this._y+35, true)) { vel_y = 0; jumping = false; }}onClipEvent (enterFrame) { this._y += 16; if (_root.ground.hitTest(this._x, this._y+1, true)) { this._y -= 16; }}

Sorry about the messiness of the code, but it was the best i can find via google.

anyway, my ball will land on the 1st platform, but it will not land on any second platform i make. it will just fall through. I had that problem with every tutorial i can find.

Here is a link to the tutorial:
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/19545486/

I been stuck trying to figure out how to make my little ball jump on multiple platforms. Help would be apretiated.