A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Blood in CL

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar

New Blood in CL

I know that there are many users online using Fk at one time spread over the forums, but activity in the CL has slowed off compared to what it use to be, and to many members the CL is the heart of the community side of the site.

How about a regular spam post in all forums to invite users to pop in and chill out with the rest of the members that currently use it.

once a quarter would probably do it, a simple script could be made to add posts direct to the DB for each forum (not as an announcement as they often get ignored ) and a cron job could be used to execute it without relying on someone to remember to do it.

just an idea, would love to see the CL as busy as it was in the past.
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

I've been popping in and out of the CL lately. Better casual talk than the other forum I'm on (ie, more mature).
    http://www.birchlabs.co.uk/
    You know you want to.

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VENGEANCE MX
    Better casual talk than the other forum I'm on (ie, more mature).
    PWhahahaha... are you sure you entered the CL?
    [/jk]

sorry seriously though, the CL a great place to kick back from the working environment without leaving work as such and the topic range is varied and wide (as long as its not a topic that fits else where in the forums).

That's why I think a little effort to get the CL back to it's former busy self would do FK a world of good, as more people in the Cl means a stronger community and that should draw more new blood to the site by word of mouth and not relying on users of Flash to search Google to stumble in for a quick fix and disappear there after.

just an opinion...
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by 1stbite
    PWhahahaha... are you sure you entered the CL?
    Trust me, if you think that's bad, don't even think about checking out General Talk on SFDT.com.
    You know you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by VENGEANCE MX
    Trust me, if you think that's bad, don't even think about checking out General Talk on SFDT.com.
    Seriously. The most mature thing at SFDT was a guy named Teeplive. And Vengeance should know that that's not very mature at all.

Teeplive was a respectable mod in disguise as a moron.

Anyway, let's keep this on-topic.
    You know you want to.