A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Extricate vs Pointguard | The Killing Fields...

I like this one. It is a very simple image but the focus is great. I also like the type placement although it bugs my eyes toward the end where it starts to overlap the hand rail. The only thing I may have worked on is the calmness of the water. There should be splashes and such from that sort of activity. Also, I assume it is smoke is doing something odd to the shadows.

Overall, I can tell you put more time into this image. Great job.

And no I am not just being nice due to earlier.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

I'm lovin this one, Mark! Maybe with the next one try to 'specialize' the special effects a bit more...like the lasers, try applying a bit more blur to their edges, and maybe duplicate the layer and use some layering effects or level adjustment to make them glow more. When I do stuff like lasers, I always find a reference pic to work from, like a lightsaber or something, and try to mimic the same look.

Although...the idea of a robot monster terrorizing significant places in my childhood is disturbing.

I actually like the laser and robot effect. It has the cut out comic look to it. I have been seeing that sort of imagery being used in the industry lately and this one fits in to that style.
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

haha, sorry, i didnt mean to disturb you :-p

Thanks for the kind words guys,

Matt: i did try to add an outer glow, and i did duplicate the lasers, to make them more intense, but i guess that is just how i liked them, because before they were dull and lacked intensity

Pea: I can see what you are saying with the text, but had i moved it, woulda had to make it smaller, and thus woulda been unreadable.

...dishing dimes on an .fla! pointguard's Avatar
    sorry for the few days wait...

I like the fact that you took the time to work on that scrap of newspaper with your names on it...Nice attention to details!

As a registered guardian of grammar, however, I am obligated to inform you that the word "whose" refers to possession or property, while "who's" is a contraction for "who is."

i like the image point, but there is one thing that I cant seem to keep my eyes off, which is the newspaper on the bottom with our names. It looks like you just took the eraser and chopped it up, it kinda looks like it is just plopped on there. I think that it needs to be blended a little better, maybe use the eraser and tone down the opacity and flow, and work it to your liking. Anyways, the rest of it looks really well done. I will work on an image and have it up sometime this week!

Quote Originally Posted by ondraedan
    I like the fact that you took the time to work on that scrap of newspaper with your names on it...Nice attention to details!
    Thanks O!

Ex...permit me to alter my mis-spelt text...Damn it...
    ...*and to think I got an A in English Literature as my final grade at high school level!

Haven't changed anything else in the pic, just the spelling...

Perhaps I could have used the burn tool a little on the top edge of the newspaper scrap. Looking forward to you volley Ex...

edit :: damn double post...

w'sup Ex...have you finshed with this battle already?

nope, i am just getting started..... should have something up by the end of the week, possibly tonight.

going with the whole "killing fields" thing

Oh snap. super job on coloring the water, and on making the sleeping bag/corpse appear to be floating.

It took me a bit to realize that it was a sleeping bag in the water. Nice job on it now that i see

Perhaps if the color of the water on top of the bag was closer to that on the bottom, it would be more obvious.

i love the way you've got the blood mixed with the water down the waterfall and in the lagoon / splash down area...

...I'll start work on something today hopefully.

hellooooooo?????????

We still battling or have you called it quits?

Sorry...
    yah, I'm still up for the battle. Sorry, been spending too much time recently getting to grips with 3ds max8.
    I'll start working on something real soon. got an idea I'm playing around with on paper. Hopefully have something early next week, as right now I'm at work, doing a blooming double shift, all-nighter 1030pm-315pm sunday afternoon!!!
    arghhhhhhhhhhhh...

sorry I'm late..........................

Hi!

Better late than never I guess...Sorry it's so late!
    Was busy playing around with 3ds Max8 for ages, then my internet connection was fried for about a week, ain't had much luck with the computer recently...oh well!

This didn't turn out entirely what I wanted it to look like. I had originally thought of goign for some sort of "pre-image" to the events in your last one, with the sleeping bag being used and the setting of a camp fire at the top of the waterfall, etc, but witha creepy killer lurking in the shadows.
    Anyway, this is how it turned out, the killer being swapped for a wolf pack...

Hope you like it.
    Jeff

i like the idea...i have a question, what is the thing in the foreground, on the far left? its very dark, and i cant make out what it is exactly...its a little distracting :-/ Also, the wolf looks a little too bright for the area around it....To me at least, i think it should be a bit darker...Anyways, nice job! Very creative, and i shall try to have something up tomorrow, if not, then early next week.