A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound starts early in flash.

Sound starts early in flash.

I tried to post about this in the newbie section, but it got overlooked, but this section is probably more related to my problem anyway:

Alright, within my flash project, I've imported 3 movies from my hard drive. The first has integrated audio and plays just fine, the second a separate audio track playing on the layer below it, and it plays just fine.

But my third movie, which is in another folder, and on another layer altogether, doesn't play just fine.

A few seconds before the second movie ends, I can clearly hear the audio from the third movie playing, it continues to play until the entire sound has played. Then the video piece of the third movie actually starts on cue, but no sound plays.

I actually have about 5 or 6 movies I'd eventually like to import, but everything from 3 and beyond have the same audio-playing-too-soon problem. I've tried importing different movies, separating/integrating the audio pieces into the videos, renaming layers, and I just can't figure out what's wrong.

Oh, and I have absolutly no actionscript in my project.

FF7fan

when you say "movie" are you refering to FLV video? what do you mean by "movie"?

.AVI files that I imported.

FF7fan

is the audio in the .avi or in a layer of the flash timeline?

I've tried it both ways, and it happened either way.

all I can suggest is to set the sounds to stream sync in the timeline. You may want to follow up in the video forum, incase someone else has had a similar problem.

If I understand what you meant by "stream sync," it didn't work. I'll try posting about this in the video section though.

FF7fan