A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Unloaded Movie Clip... still displays data

Unloaded Movie Clip... still displays data

I have a MC that is created dynamically. When I roll over another MC, it loads an image into the dynamically created MC. When I roll out it destroys the dynamic MC using unloadMovie(). But if I roll over it fast enough it still displays the old data before loading in the new image!!! I am pounding my head against a wall here. Any help?

i have also come across this problem and if i remember correctly i used buttons rather than movieClips to solve the problem.if you need to use a mc then have an invisible button as the trigger. could be wrong though

It was a depth problem. Once i cleared it, it then freed up the next depth, which was now the same because the previous one had been deleted. Pushing it up each time I deleted a clip did the trick.

one thing to note ..when u unload a movieclip..it still exists in the flash movie, it's just basically empty then...

to actually destroy/remove the movieclip, u need to use removeMovieClip() method
    Flashmatics | Flashmatics Library (free downloads)
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Latest Projects:
    The Dead Room | Are You Smarter | Prison Break (Frame A Friend) | Beck's Fusions | The 24 Experience

-----------------------------------------------------
    Flash Certified Developer