A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rich or Famous

Rich or Famous

Would you guys rather be rich or famous? yes... another gshock thread.
    * I could be banned at any time... [/evp]

Rich. More precisely, rich as in rich enough to live free of worries about debt, credit card payments, rent, etc. and just enjoy life.
    Last edited by gesteves; 03-11-2007 at 10:17 PM.

Rich. You could have set this as a poll
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Like, erm... a pirate
    Rich and infamous would be my combo pick, ideally through inventing some doohicky that changes the lives of people dramatically. That would be a plus.

Honestly for me... i'd have to say famous... because if you are rich you are still doing the same things as everyone else... right? if you are famous you meet more people and probably better at developing relationships

Quote Originally Posted by gshock
    Honestly for me... i'd have to say famous... because if you are rich you are still doing the same things as everyone else... right? if you are famous you meet more people and probably better at developing relationships

You are probably saying that because you are rich and don't get that "normal" people can't just go out and do whatever they want all the time. Like this weekend I actually went out and saw 2 movies- is that normal? definitely not. I think I would rather be rich just so I could get all the camera gear and studio stuff I ever wanted and then get famous from my pictures . Being famous would be such a hassle though I mean honestly look at celebrities they are harassed 24/7 by people

but I would rather win the lottery or somehow get rich now rather then always be rich so I would still have all my lif experiences I have already had and appreciate money and not be a spoiled prick.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by gshock

disagree-

and heres why...

what makes you think because Im rich..I do whatever the 'poor' do? Like what did you mean percisely?

Being on my Yacht? Seeing the world? Being VIP in any/every party thats HIP to be at? Personally trained on any topic I deserve/money can buy.

If you think only FAMOUS people get to go parties like that.. I find it doubtful.

Question:

Do you know all the directors, producers, agents..etc in Hollywood? They throw the parties.. these are the people the ACTORS/CELEBRITES kiss ass too. I dont know there names..but THEY ARE THE RICH PEOPLE the famous people wanna be next to.

I dont think famous will pay the bills in many places when all is said an done.

what's the point of being famous if you're not rich?

gshock, i give you credit for going out on limbs, even if by accident, and taking flak and continuing onward.

except for vanity, what use is fame? no admirable heroes, in my estimation, were ever interested in fame. the condition, as you described it, does not beget any skills (such as being better with relationships...?). so, rich, hands down.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

You mean like kato what's his name that slept on O,J's Couch.

Fame is fleeting.

When i say fame... i mean it in a good way... like a famous actor... i mean let's say you have a lot of money from something like Real estate... let's say you own 10 houses... you are rich and sure u can enjoy/buy whatever you want... but nobody will really know who you are or care about you. unless u buy a ferrari or something like that lol

hah. you mean its a good thing to be a famous actor?!

did you go to a school or something to learn to be so superficial? why should the number of houses you own, the car you have, etc. be the basis for whether or not someone knows who you are or cares about you? surely, you dont think that someone who kisses your ass because you have a ferrari cares about you?

the same goes for fame and celebrity. your life is a public freak-show at best. people dont even know who the person is, let alone care about what happens to them any more than their friends.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z

but I would rather win the lottery or somehow get rich now rather then always be rich so I would still have all my lif experiences I have already had and appreciate money and not be a spoiled prick.
    Haha!

Very true, wealth is wasted on some people.

Until fairly recently I'd never known any rich people - and it is quite amazing and pretty frustrating to be around.

No-one can help being born into money but I'm much happier knowing what it feels like to honestly not know where my next meal is coming from. And to know what it feels like to save all my spare cash for the best part of a year to buy something that I really wanted (yes my d70 rules).

I'd love to become rich but I'm sure it would be the end of me!

Being famous would suck because everyone would go on about how fat you're getting!

Rich. You can buy fame. Come to think of it, you could buy famous tail too!

Oh, Paris...where are you?
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

If you chose money over fame then please do not ever have a child, never spread your genes with another human being. The very idea behind procreation itself is to continue the life of a species, to be remembered. Immortality is a common goal, and having a child is the easiest way to continue on your own blood line, your own likeness, to be remembered by your children, and their children after them.

Einstein wasn't rich, but he was well known as a brilliant man, likely to be remembered for many years to come. I find it hard to believe that someone would rather be known by a small group of friends as the rich guy, then be acknowledged as an individual who gave society something, either it be a smile from a film, or mathematical equations that help us better understand the universe.

superficial? I don't think so.
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

neither really.

being rich probably means that I'll have people asking for money... they already do that.

famous... I'd rather be anonymous.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

oh please. nobody said anything about being famous for doing something good. it was rich or famous. famous for the sake of it.

do you think einstein accomplished what he did just to become famous? do you think people have kids just so that someone can pass their name on when they die? do you have kids?

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey
    oh please. nobody said anything about being famous for doing something good. it was rich or famous. famous for the sake of it.

do you think einstein accomplished what he did just to become famous? do you think people have kids just so that someone can pass their name on when they die? do you have kids?
    To whom do you speaketh?

nevermind... saw the Einstein reference finally.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

haha. vatcher. you snuck in there before i was finished!