A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cricket world cup

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar

Cricket world cup

The Cricket world cup begins today in the Carribean.

Who are your favourties to win it ???

I think Australia, India, Sri Lanka and South Africa should make it to the semi-finals.
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

I read "chicken world cup"... where the hell are my glasses?

My money would be on Australia, even though they lost the Triangular One Day series to England. South Africa are a threat but Australia know how to make it count when it matters better than any team out there.

England are so inconsistent and unpredictable anything could happen with them, but if they win it won't be through trying.

Well the hosts West Indies are off to a fine start by beating the unpredictable Pakistanis in thier first game.
    - The Mahatma.

9 Times the Fun
    WI should have a strong performance especially as they are home soil and they performed well in the recent champions trophy making the final.

It's a cruel tournament as the final is only one single match and if it heavily favours the side batting first the tournament can be won or loss on the toss.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I reckon Scotland.

dp
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

It's a cruel tournament as the final is only one single match and if it heavily favours the side batting first the tournament can be won or loss on the toss.
    - Yes - I agree they should have a best of 3 finals.
    But well teams batting first always dont win my friend like y'day.
    - The Mahatma.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Bermuda in big trouble against Sri Lanka...set a target of 332, they were 7 - 42 a few minutes ago.

david

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

Quote Originally Posted by david petley
    I reckon Scotland.
    Hahaha, only I can joke about that!
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Team in blue !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    - The Mahatma.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    amazing...Pakistan are out of contention, beaten by Ireland in their group D match.

I haven't been able to find a score yet.

david

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    won by 3 wickets

play Ireland on paddys day and what do you expect
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!

Score was about 130 I think. Amazing Ireland, who woulda thunk it?

Now shhh, the Grand Prix is about to start.

Strange things are happening at this world cup.

Bangladesh upset India and then Ireland surprised everybody including themselves by beating Pakistan.

Now Bob Woolmer's death. Pretty sad.
    - The Mahatma.

doItLikeThis
    Hehe, Indian team lost against Bangladesh.

I think they are only good on t.v. ads.

Check this, I just saw a poster of Pepsi displaying our great 'blue billion team' , and the message written on it, officially was "Don't Come Back Soon". Now, most of the Indian audience will agree with this ad. campaign even more so
    -Aditya

Well, the first coach invented watching other teams, playing videos, and finding weakness of the opposition, and made a strategy for SOUTH AFRICA as coach he invented the HI-TECH Coach carrying a Laptop, follow suit ... Jhon Wright for India which made a great impact for indian cricket, carried a laptop and was analysing opposition's strengths and weaknesses, the result of winning formula for indian's was the buzz story "the indian batting lineup".

I' never seen a video or a match where BOB played an innings, but still i feel he must be a great icon, who should fall in the " Hall of fame", and had a *****ion to achive things in a different style in the world of cricket.

Simply, he didn't die, he was killed by pakistanis. ( Pun is not intended ). He died under pressure is true, but under what circumstances. He could be a diabete, but still some people having High BP or Low BP survive a great deal of pressure, will not get involved in a big project, which involves billion dollars and returns the profit for the ICC as well as for the sponsors.

Final thoughts:

He simply quit as a Coach of SOUTH AFRICA, though he is the man who transformed them as a fiery team among the world, and they lost the most crucial game of the semifinal loss to Australia in 1999, coz its a Gentleman's Game, he played it , he lived it, and breathed out by it.

The man who was born in kanpur(India), and had a career as a Test Cricketer in England, become a coach of South Africa, transformed himself to attain the feat of becoming ICC's High Performance Manager, finally training pakistanis for a better team.
    A man can't simply die of just workload. His cricket carreer spans more than 25 Years..
    and there are still people living who took circket as a profession for no reason making politics... and making things very complicate.

This is a very strange World Cup, the death of BOB while a tournament happening is a bad news. People burning Dhoni's effigies at my home country for not scoring in the first match is very distrubing.

The game always revolves around money. Now everybody knows this, and even a lay person want a good dividend out of it. When they don't get it, .... problem arises.

to be continued...

hammer.

doItLikeThis
    Yeah, that's stupid though, the effigie burning and damaging of player's houses, I mean, is this a better way to take out your anger on your so called heroes, by harrassing them and there families. Its so shameful.....

Sorry to hear about Bob, he really did a lot for the Pakistan side.
    -Aditya

Ofcourse they look good,

Yeah, well apparently when Ajith Wadekar took as a coach for indian cricket, he transformed them individualy as a cricketer, patriot as well as a good looking person who can win matches.

Remember the game is a day long and people love to see action, if you follow cricket, remember the NATWEST series where in the final decider after winning, then, India's captain Sourav Ganguly, removing his jersey and throws in the air... that's the dividend the viewers/followers of indian cricket get.

Now, don't talk rubbish about india losing to bangladesh, see the spirit of the game is whether who plays is not important, it really matters really enjoying the way it played
    and who gives the entertainment at the end of the day.

For example: Last night game: India Vs Bermuda... Though India posted a historic win over Bermuda with a huge score as well as with a huge margin against a minnow team.

For me, As a cricket fan, watching the late night match till early hours to finish, i saw the huge guy Leverock the 9th man, who took a splendid catch to dismiss Robin Uthappa like a lightning bolt in the slip inspite of his size and his tummy. That's my take
    for sometime i will relish that action in my mind. Schewag backto form hitting a century , ganguly anchoring one side with a slow 80 runs, Yuvraj plummeting six after six or my God ( Phew: If Cricket is a religion, Sachin Tendulkar is the God ) Sachin getting 57 of
    29 balls is as usual. It's back to basics for Team India, :P~ Let's see how they cope against SRILANKA on friday.

Again, cricket is a game to be followed .... and to be enjoyed ... and you need to allow your big heart to enjoy when your team wins, appreciate the oppostion when they win and take lesson how badly we played against them ... and finally worship individuals irrespective nations, who perform the best of any attack.

hammer.

Woolmer's death 'suspicious'
    unconfirmed reports suggested Woolmer might have been murdered because marks were found around his neck.
    - WTF ?
    - The Mahatma.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Quote Originally Posted by koolbabs2000
    - WTF ?
    Jamaican police have confirmed that Bob Woolmer was murdered. Death from asphyxiation.

very sad and undeserved, regardless of why or by who.

david