Thread: Cricket world cup

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21432674-2,00.html

The pathologist report states that Woolmer's died from "asphyxia as a result of manual strangulation", police said.
    david

Peace - Just in Heaven koolbabs2000's Avatar
    The pathologist report states that Woolmer's died from "asphyxia as a result of manual strangulation", police said.
    - Are the bookies involved ? or some Fans? or the pakistan team/staff?
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind
    - The Mahatma.

Originally Posted by David
    -very sad and undeserved, regardless of why or by who.
    Indeed very sad, now this can happen to anybody in the Profession, Now ICC got to ensure and make sure that this thing won't happen again in future. BOB's death will definitely bring a feeling of insecurity among the people who serve the game sincerely.

Cricket, as they call it as gentleman's game and it sounds it can't carry that tagline, unless the governing body takes some swift action against those culprits.

hammer

doItLikeThis
    As da_hammer mentioned the word "insecurity", something crossed my mind, where were the security guards or security team in all of this? If they were doing there job correctly, then is it possible that someone from the inside is involved?? Then also, where was the security. This raises the question about the overall security of all the teams.....
    -Aditya

Today's India vs Lanka match.

Can India win and qualify for the super 8's ?

- Well, if this Indian team cant win today under pressure; its time all these so called world class players Sachin, Rahul, Saurav, Sehwag retire and give way for the young players. All the best guys !
    - The Mahatma.

You wish!

Kumar Sangakara and Jayasuriya gonna rip you people :P~

hammer

doItLikeThis
    Sri Lanka........prfft gimme a break. Sri Lanka prrftt........Jayasurya....prrfftt....prrfft..... we'll see....double prrfffttt, *looks away*
    -Aditya

Quote Originally Posted by adit_ya_sharma
    where were the security guards or security team in all of this? If they were doing there job correctly, then is it possible that someone from the inside is involved?? Then also, where was the security. This raises the question about the overall security of all the teams.....
    I'm not sure what sort of security you expect, guards on every player/coach's doors? They were in a hotel, I'm sure they had beefed up security but this is cricket not politics, I'm sure there wasn't a 'lock down' in effect during the tournament. I think it's pretty normal for the larger teams to book something like an entire floor but I doubt hotel security is in the elevators and stairwells stopping other guests getting off at those floors.

No, I don't think there was anything wrong with security.

Pretty much everyone in cricket suspects this has something to do with betting on matches, which is a huge business in some parts of the world. Several international players and figures have already been banned and arrested for involvement.

Whether Woolmer was involved or not I can't imagine this is about anything else in the genteel world of cricket. There's always the chance, after Pakistan's humiliating defeat, that this was some rabid fan but I doubt Woolmer would be the target for an attack like that, the players were far more too blame.

This all sounds very Agatha Christie on the surface but when you actually think about it it's quite horrific.

doItLikeThis
    Well, I expect the kind of security that helps people not getting killed, that's all. I mean, that's what they are there for right? Actually, I did think there must have been tight security all around the place, if not upto each door itself, as these are not your normal school teams going for inter-state level tournaments.

BTW: India got defeated by Sri Lanka last night. Sachin, out on a zero. That's when I turned off the t.v.

Edit: Seems Iam not the only one:-

http://www.thepeninsulaqatar.com/Dis...0703241042.xml

Pakistan question lax security

Web posted at: 3/24/2007 1:0:42
    Source ::: Agencies
    montego bay, Jamaica • A senior Pakistan cricket official yesterday questioned the level of security at the Kingston hotel where team coach Bob Woolmer was murdered on Sunday morning.
    Last edited by adit_ya_sharma; 03-24-2007 at 02:41 AM.
    -Aditya

BTW: India got defeated by Sri Lanka last night. Sachin, out on a zero. That's when I turned off the t.v.
    Ahem ....prrfftt....prrfft :P

ello~ ello~ koolbabs2000,

what happened? the world cup is not over yet ~ huh ~ suddenly lost interest of india out of the tournament is it ?~ huh wake up ~ lets appreciate others and talk some good cricket played out in the carribean islands

hammer.

what happened? the world cup is not over yet ~ huh ~
    - Did anybody catch the thriller b/w Lanka and England ?

Lanka have devloped into a wonderful bowling side. Only if their batting fires all cylinders they can beat anybody.

My semi-finalists -
    1. Australia 2. New Zealand 3. Sri Lanka 4. South Africa.
    - The Mahatma.

- Did anybody catch the Bangladesh vs. S. Africa match ?

How many times in your life will you watch the No. 1 side in the world comprehensively outclassed by one ranked eight places lower? This match, three weeks on from that epic triumph against India at Port-of-Spain, will linger long in the memory for the manner in which a young and vibrant side embarrassed one that appeared to rest on its laurels. Had the South African cricket board not changed their crest to the Protea, the headline-writers would have had a field day with variations on "Tigers maul Springboks".
    - The Mahatma.

West Indies vs South Africa match today.

A must win for the Windies. Can they win and stay in the hunt for a semi-final spot ?
    - The Mahatma.

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    South Africa was abysmal. They lost to a side, of which half of the team still has to write final school exams! If Smith can't outsmart 19 year olds, how can they consider themselves the best in the world?
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Tough call. Can't predict Windies, on when they will perform ? We can't under estimated S.Africa for losing that particular match. It,s a one day game. Anything can happen.

South Africa slighltly has the upper hand as for as this match is concerned, they have a good bowling attack comparatively to West Indies.

Let's watch the match

Well the Sprinkboks have slaugtered the Windies attack ! I feel bad for the Windies public. End of Lara's one career !
    - The Mahatma.

doItLikeThis
    Seems anyone I cheer for loose's........go Australia!
    -Aditya

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Well, it's over...Australia wins for a third time, in a farce of a final against Sri Lanka.

The last 3 - 4 overs were played in the dark, bowlers could not see the wicket, batsman could not see the ball...no lights at the grounds. Symbolic in a way.

RIP Bob Woolmer
    1948 - 2007
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

doItLikeThis
    The most uninteresting world cup is finally over. Good work to aussies though :P

This is the first time I have seen people around my parts not at all interested in the world cup which they like, correction, love so much, due to early Indian team eviction from the tourney. India is/waas the main market for cricket I believe. I have put cricket on my checklist of 'is dead'.
    -Aditya