A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ondraedan | 2BaD4U | Extricate: Tonto, Jump on it!

ondraedan | 2BaD4U | Extricate: Tonto, Jump on it!

THE RULES:
    • Image must be at least 700x400 pixels (rotation allowed)
    • Each image must include some aspect of the previous image
    • 24 hour turnaround is encouraged
    • 3 Volleys each

i <3 ondraedan
    pretty...where's my wallpaper?

<3

Wow O, you've outdone yourself. Where was that in the last round of MM?

Simply a superb image and feel. The atmosphere and perspective are just outstanding. Top shelf for sure. And forgive me for saying this, but I'm loving the lack of typography in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVulf
    Where was that in the last round of MM?

I agree about the text for sure...Thanks for the compliments dude.

Thank you very much, Matt.

Wow!
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

i will have something up for tonight, killer image, very serene!

where tradition clashes with technology...

Super job meng, that was a neat idea to blend the drawn area into the real world like that. I'll see what I can do about having something up for Thursday night, though it will probably be more like very early Friday morning :P -Tom

Really nice work Extricate, composition and blending are tight!

This battle's rockin already

thanks guys, i appreciate it! i am looking forward to the end results, should be a great battle.....and pointguard, i am still coming after you

Great work on this one, Mark. As I said, this is easily the best blending job you've done yet!

Tom...Jump on it!

Operation Modernization

It's not as super-cool as I had hoped for, but I was trying to keep the time reasonably close to 24hrs. - Tom G

So many things about that image make me crack up, great work dude. I'll have mine up by tomorrow, probably afternoon, maybe night.

I am loving this battle guys. Keep up the great work!
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

bison hanging from a helicopter???? hahahaha

cool image man

Thanks for the feedback guys. I got the idea for the image from that Neil Young song "Pocahontas"....especially the buffalo part. I don't think Neil would approve of the comical side of it though :P

Ondraedan is up yo! Now go out there and be somebody!

Moving on to round 2!

I've got mixed feelings about this one...there are things I like very much about it and at the same time I feel like it's not finished yet.

Extricate: The image overall seems to be balanced well and there is great use of the previous image, however I feel that the piece is too bright. It could just be my monitor but I think the midtones could be brought down a bit darker. Also, there seems to be more contrast on the geography than on the house and on the man, i.e. the shadows on the rocks are almost black whereas the house has a lighter shadow on its left side. I am really impressed with the depth of your image. Overall, very solid work.

2BaD4U: Absolutely hilarious! The satellite dishes on the tepees are fabulous. Interesting use of the helicopters from the previous image. Very bold color pallet. A lot of repetition, very nice. I would only say that the bison hanging from the helicopter is way too big for that helicopter. Also the stretch limo seems to get too small as it disappears behind the left tepee, as if the focal length for the tepees and the limo are different. These are just nit picks though, everything else I can see you worked hard on and have paid off. Great image!

ondraedan: !!!! I have absolutely no idea what to even say about your piece, O. Your blending/stitching never ceases to amaze me. You lighting is always spot on. Your color pallets are absolutely lovely, nothing off key. The content never seems to lack a strong mood or emotional tension. I like the tepee shape in the rock structure. I absolutely love the use of dream catchers. Because they are made just white, their shapes and patterns become a beautiful focal point for the image, while their feathers give some direction that drags your attention down below to what is going on in the desert. Overall I would say the composition is very strong, but perhaps there is a bit of negative space in the top corners or sides that could use some information stretching beyond the scene borders. Maybe not, I can't decide. Perhaps "REGENERATE" would be better suited just above the largest dream catcher and faded a bit to shake off some attention? Maybe the whole piece could use a thin border? Looks great as it is and I wouldn't expect anything less from you. Same goes for your very first piece.

now, i have a question.. Is the indian guy supposed to be a ghost or something? cuz to me it just looks like it is floating, and seems out of place. Overall, nice job with the colors, i love the way you match the tones on everything you do.