A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ondraedan | 2BaD4U | Extricate: Tonto, Jump on it!

So yeah. First, I apologize for the delay...second, for the weak use of the previous image, they go hand in hand. I spent the past couple days playing with ideas that were emo-themed but I couldn't get into it.

Nice image O, has a good feel. The lighting, typography, and bottom half are great.

Sorry for being nitpicky, but I'm not a huge fan of the transition, and the overblown scanlines in the top portion of the image. Looking at it now, I think it is because the sun has no reflection in the water.

Your lighting is so great though.. How do you do that? All destructive burning/dodging? Or do you do a soft-light layer with black/white? Other thing, how do you remove shadows from something that may have an incorrect shadow?

You're the man.

I'd have to agree about the skyline, it's a bit harsh and not blended very well.

I use a lot of dodge and burn to get lighting right, but as you said I also use a black paint brush and I shade things by hand over several layers if the situation calls for it. As for removing shadows, it just takes patience, and with some stocks it just can't be done without dedicating an insane amount of time to reconstructing brightness, contrast and saturation. Sometimes your best bet may be to find another similar stock then copy and blend pieces in over the shadows.

Thanks for the feedback, vulf!

np man, i always like to see your work. Lately is really has been top shelf in my books. I know you used to always pull out the gothic style, but I'm really loving this new perspective on PS. Seems you've found your muse, and she likes pretty pictures.

nice one O! i will get working on something today, and try to have it by tomorrow.

I cant say it enough of how I like how clean you get the edges so clean on your images I love it.
    "What do you call a mouse's Shadow in the second moon?"

That's a good point, darkness. O, for things like the grass, how do you cut it out so precisely?

Unless that was all from the stock.

hey there guys, i am working on an image, but i wont have it up maybe till the end of the week. Its looking good, but i havent had the time. Anyways, just an update.

Don't worry about it Mark...I'm going to be super busy straight through to Sunday night anyway, so take your time. Later, G

Here it is!

I kinda like it, comments and critiques welcomed...
    Looking forward to your image Tom....

Mark, I think my only nitpick with this image is the water stock. It's really poor quality and it takes away from the overall feel of the image because it seems so foreign. Great job with blending in the foreground to the walking path and grass. And the couch. Weird.

Ok guys...sorry for being a slacker but I've been bombarded by college work over the last week in a not so nice way. I have however gathered stocks tonight, and will hopefully post an image on Wednesday so that we can conclude this battle. Peace...G

Sorry I took so long...I'm not even done yet with the essays I'm supposed to be writing, but I figured I would put something up since it has been like a really long time.
    a line from Creep by Stone Temple Pilots was used in the making of this image.

I'm thinking that was the final image of the battle.