A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: fscommand? Where do I put this?

not'n' wrong with hat'n' sushi iHATEsushi's Avatar

fscommand? Where do I put this?

My final inquiry...

I just finished pieceing my game together. I published it for Mac and PC. However when I manually expand it you can see whats going on behind the scenes. This is bad!

Anyhow I looked in my book and it talks about fscommand false to make it so the player cant expand my window and it will play only at the screen size. However it doesnt tell me how to do it. That does me no good.

Does anyone know where I am suppose to put this fscommand? I searched the site and it had one entry regarding this command but it didn't work.

Anyhelp would be fully appreciated!

Hello Sushi Hater,

I have always used the following AS on the first frame to make sure that my projectors would play full screen ("true"). I switched to false to test, and I was still able to hit CTRL-F to make it full screen - so now I'm not sure either!

Code:
    fscommand("fullscreen", false);
    fscommand("allowscale", false);
    fscommand("showmenu", false);

gotoAndPlay(1);
    http://www.drewdidit.com/fk/fs_command.exe
    http://www.drewdidit.com/fk/fs_command.fla

Anyone else know the answer?

hmmm...

A return visit to the Help File seems to indicate that fscommand can be used to set the openining size (full size / regular sized window) but says nothing about the user not being able to resize it after that).

Instructional Designer
    Whidbey Island: north of Seattle, east of Victoria, south of Vancouver
    Ok, this is probably a dumb question, but without actually seeing the file, it sounds like some things expand while the curtain hiding the wizard does not. Why is that? Shouldn't everything expand equally (or can't you make it so)?
    Tomas

well while I was waiting for a reply I was browsing on the internet for more information, and it seems like there are a number of people who are having trouble implimenting the fscommand in vs. 8. So I will try what you wrote and thanks for all your assistance.

why not just put a mask on _root to only show what you want?

I tried putting a mask on which works fine for what I want to block out, however it blocks out all my dynamic content for some reason.

Instructional Designer

Mask covers up fields

I can only think of one reason that a mask without actionscript would block out fields. And this is that the mask is on top of the dynamic fields.

As you know, every level has layers and if you put your mask on the lowest level and the lowest layer, then it will be under everything---unless your dynamic fields are on the same lowest level, on the lowest layer. I know that I needn't tell you that good design would provide every element (or type of element, such as all dynamic fields) a level or layer of their own.
    Tomas

to show dynamic textfields under a mask you must embed the font

Instructional Designer
    Ah. Thanks Mr. Dog. That was a most sensitive and kindly correction. Obviously, there are masks and then there are masks+. I have heard of these but never used them. I will read up.

And this should fix those fonts.
    Tomas

thanks dog... your awsome yet again!!!